Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i finished installing my prochamber last night and i got in it today and started it up and took it for a test run. It seemed like there was a little bit less torque, but i could tell there was a nice hp gain. Also, i was REALLY upset beacuse it didnt seem loud at all. I dont even think it was as loud as it was just when i had the packs on by themselves. Is it because i got the catted prochamber? I think im going to take it up to a muffler shop so they can check it out and maybe take it off and put it on again. Do you guys think this is necessary? What should i do?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Did you have cats on before? If not, my guess would be that's it. It'll probably get louder with time, heat, break in etc. Good luck, let us know. I just ordered a non- cated pro chamber.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had an off road x-pipe and then put on a pro chamber with no cats wasnt as loud as x-pipe. if you have cats on it wont be that loud as one without cats. i should of stayed with the x-pipe it sounded better

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is an X-pipe supposed to be louder than an H? Also, H pipes are supposed to be more bassy if i'm thinking right, which is why i got my prochamber????

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Exhaust parts need a week or two to break in before you should judge their sound. Give it some time and see if it gets louder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.