Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends I am having trouble with my windshield wipers in my 2005 Mustang. Yesterday I turned on my wipers and they just would not come on. I checked the owners manual and checked the wiper fuse in the fuse box in the passenger side area and I checked the relay fuse in the power distribution box in the engine compartment both were tested and were fine. So could it be the switch in the steering column or a bad relay in the motor or the motor itself. Anyone have any ideas or a similar experience? I live in Seattle so you can imagine how badly this is for me having no wipers in winter. I cringe at going to the dealership and have no clue how much they should charge me to fix the problem, Anty help would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance Bob K...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Haven't had that problem, but if I did, this is what I would do. You need to figure out if it's the wiper motor or power going to it. Disconnect the cable from the wiper motor. Turn on the wipers and using a volt meter, see if juice is getting to it. If power, the wiper motor. If not, I would suspect the switching mechanism on the steering wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts