Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 mustang that i want to put a stock 302 in. Question is does anyone know if anyone makes a 5 lug conversion for the front of this car? Reason being that at a later date i want to strongly modify the engine. Maybe even put a stroked windsor in it. Heck id leave it four lug if i thought id be able to find a matching set of rims. Ps plan on putting a ford 9" under the back. Anyone know where i can find either a conversion of a match set of 5 lug rear 4 lug front rims? Also would like to know how hard its going to be to swap the 4cyl out for the 302. Thanks guys

G

·
Hi,

I'm doing the sme thing.. puttting a 302 in my 4cyl 1988 LX.. It will take some time and some work. but I started it about a 1 year ago..and found some thing can be a pain in the butt.. Anyways I'm doing a little more then just putting a 302.. It should not be to hard..

You will have to upgarde the found susp. and brakes, for the 5lug con. you can just buy a kit or just buy the rotors..etc.. for the 5lug.. for the back you will have to move to a 9" or 8.8" rearend and also the the shock will need to be upgarde..

I'm making a site not up yet but will have the info and what i have done to the car so far..

Hope this help out a little..

·
Registered
16 Posts
if your not swapping out rear ends, brakes, brake boosters and suspension etc...just the motor swap took me about 2 months working on and off. IOf course its a good idea to swap out everything but that will give you an idea for just getting it going with the new motor in. I havent done the suspension and brake upgrades yet and mine works fine but i woudnt recomend it if you plan on serious mods like you say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.