Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I finished an AOD-t5 swap and seeing 67. I'm running the A9P and a T5 harness. The car runs pretty wicked, but I need to get smog tested and the MIL isn't helping. Would an A9L solve my problem?

Someone's gotta have some advice for me.

With KOEO I'm getting the 67 and now a 15. With the car running and the clutch in the MIL is off. What is going on?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Sorry, we've had a database problem and no one's been here to answer you.

The A9L might work, or a harness for an automatic car might work too. Considering the codes you've gotten, you need to switch one or the other because the computer and harness aren't talking the same language.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It was throwing the 67 when I had the AOD harness as well, so I'll try switching to an A9L and see what that does for me.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I will be picking up the A9L tomorrow :gringreen

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A9L didn't do it for me. Where can I find a new NSS for a t5? Ford, along with everyone else just comes up with a reverse light switch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, so I'm still throwing a 67. I've replaced the clutch safety switch and the neutral drive switch and am getting no love. I have no idea what to do now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And no the A/C is not on. In fact, it's been yanked out. I really need some help here the car's been sitting for 2 years and is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No ideas anyone? The car didn't throw the code before I switched from the AOD to the T-5, so I have a hard time believing it's the wiring. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Pushing the clutch in is not the same thing as the transmission being in neutral.

Fault code 67 will disappear if the T-5 is in neutral. If it doesn't there is a problem with the neutral dive switch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tranny's in neutral, clutch is in, neutral drive switch has been replaced. Thanks though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Come on anyone out there have any help. Parker here is a good buddy of mine and has been trying every angle to figure out this problem. What would throw a code 67 and cause idle to change when the clutch is depressed and released? Thanks a million anyone out there who can figure this out. In fact the person that can help actually figure this problem out I will buy you a 12-pack as long as your 21:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone? please i beg of you we really need to be able to go on a cruise and this little problem is holding us back we have spent many days bouncing ideas off each other (builtparktough and I) and trying those ideas. Please read this entire thread and help us if you can pretty please!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still stuck on this, if anyone can help. I can't begin to tell you how many things we've tried. If anyone has any ideas, please shoot them at me.

·
Registered
897 Posts
ID pin 30 at the ECM connector.... connect a jumper wire to a good frame ground.... code 67 should be gone. LUK

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for your reply. I want to say that I tried that and it didn't fix the problem. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
540 Posts
you coverted to a t-5 correct, and you installed a postivily good A9L computer, if so your problem lies with the install, the computer is lookng for the cranking circuit even though its a manual computer, also the connection for the AOD vs T-5 are different, the AOD looks for a neutral switch via gear selection, and the T-5 looks for a neutral saftey switch via clutch depressed was this installed with the swap, if not this is your problem, and the a/c code is cause the connecter is unlpugged, this can be fixed by having the computer flashed and having those checks deleted

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you coverted to a t-5 correct, and you installed a postivily good A9L computer, if so your problem lies with the install, the computer is lookng for the cranking circuit even though its a manual computer, also the connection for the AOD vs T-5 are different, the AOD looks for a neutral switch via gear selection, and the T-5 looks for a neutral saftey switch via clutch depressed was this installed with the swap
Are you asking if I installed the clutch safety switch? I did, and replaced it with a new one. I believe I did the swap properly. It'll fire up and run, but it idles pretty high and surges with the clutch pedal out and in neutral. When the clutch pedal is pressed in the MIL turns off and the idle drops to normal.

·
Registered
540 Posts
i dont want you to think i'm knocking your work ability, but there is somthing being overlooked with this swap, and sensors sounds like the culprit, the A9L should have fixed the problem, but it seems to me that there somthing hanging unplugged that the computer is having trouble getting around A9L and A9P are both exactly the same ECM, one is meant for auto and other for manual, but the stratgies in the calibration are the same, the load tables within the ECM are looking for automatic input, but since you have an A9L this should not be the case, but like i said before there basically the same so somthing must have been unplugged or it retrofitted to the t-5 swap and it is reading the wrong signal, i hope this isnt to complicated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't take it as you knocking my ability at all...I appreciate the help. I researched the swap extensively and it's pretty straight forward. I knew that I didn't have to swap to the A9L but thought I would just synch everything up as if it were an original t5 car (which it was). This isn't too complicated, I actually passed the A6, I'm just having to dig further than I thought to solve this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.