Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headscratch:Alrighty whats up yalls another new but old guy i been on here before so yea throttlebody to intake box black tube to silencer to mass ariflow unit the other little senser have no idea what it does(Please tell if you know)and filter box i have intake plastic tubing but nothing i do will make my car run/idle i have the exact same lenght tubing i tried cuting it down to size smaller filter senser tube rehooked on different sensers please help it seems reletively simple on a civic just on my 92 lx notchback its being a B so please help and were can i find a clutch release fork lever for this borgwarner stock trans(T5?) and where i can find the stock parts installed by ford

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
your post confused the hell outa me but i belive the other lil sensor near the intake box is the Intake Air Temprature Sensor (iat) it sends a signal to the computer on how much air is being sucked in the engine. thus the system backs it up with fuel. this is my understanding. welcome to the site man hope you find everything you need.

edit: i find decent priced stock parts at Direct Ford Parts Genuine Ford Truck Parts Lincoln Mercury Parts OEM Ford Parts and Accessories there prices definatly beat the dealers by like 30%

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im still trying to make this filter work im starting to hate these sensors how can people just throw on a cold air intake on a 5.0 and theres no special hookups but when it comes to a 2.3 you have to hook up like 5 sensors along with it and even then my app aint workin if anyone has a cold air intake please show me pictures of your application it would help alot and if you want explain what steps u choose to get this working

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
it should be simple if you folow the directions on your kit. just put everything where it looks like it belongs and where it fits and shows in your directions. 1 problem people have while installing aftermarket air intakes is the MAF meter. your car wont run right if this is installed improperly. theres a (arrow) > on your mass air flow meter that shows wich way the air is flowing. make sure it's pointing towards the throttle body (upwards) and everything should fit/work just peachy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess my maf isn't reading right or something cause everythings pretty much the same size as the old intake and i tried cuting down the size(maybe to much airflow*My Thoughts*) still doesn't work and but either way i do it, it just dont idle for nothin and someone told me it might be cause my idler valve and they told me to unplug it and it would idle still no idle and i didn't get a kit i bought the same size intake tubing cause there wasn't and book telling me what tubing to buy so if i do get my tranz back on ill jus drive it without the maf hooked up(It lets me rev it up to 6k so it will be driveable without it idling) jus gotta start it at every stop^_^ need to get to the job somehow

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
autozone the generic crome piping i got the one for sensor plugins and the maf plugin 2 regular straight pipes and a 45 degree angle one to go to the throttle body

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.