Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so I've been pondering the idea of an engine switch and i know it's wiser to sell my car and get a gt but my car has sentimental value to me and was also a present to me from my parents that would be outright disrespect for me to sell it. So i plan on keeping this car til im the old guy in the classic mustang :hihi: any way can any of you guys help me out in trying to find the right engine to drop in? I definitely want a V8, i know i can make enough power with my V6 but i want the sound and heritage of a V8 to back up the power. I don't want a massive engine that weighs an excessive amount because I want to track the car (road race not drag). So i need a light weight engine that puts out a fair amount of power N/A I'm looking for around 350 N/A from the motor. Any personal recommendations on engines or manufacturers? I know someone in here said i could get a GT engine for 1577 which if i could find for that price id settle but i dont know how to go about getting that price on a new Gt motor :headscratch: also in the recommendations I'd prefer to not be spending over 7k on the motor.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also how much would my engine itself catch? its a 4.0L V6 stock with around 18000 miles i know it wont be much but any help is good help :shigrin

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Try MPS Auto Salvage Inc., they buy, sell, trade etc. Used parts, salvaged parts, and OEM take offs. Their number is ( 800-236-1156 ), ask for Bill or Derek. They also have a web site, ( mpsautosalvage.com ), Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.