Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Coupe 347 Stroker
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for some hardware for my 70 Coupe interior quarter trim panels. There are 2 brackets on the panel that match up with 2 holes in the side just below and forward of the crank handle. I have an illustration book that shows a part that hooks into the brackets and gets inserted into the side when installing but it does not give the part number and I can't find the part number anywhere else. I am tired of buying books on mustangs only to be disappointed in the lack of information they say they have. Anyone know of something that can help with this?. Looking for the 383134-S and 31462. I have googled but have not been able to find them anywhere.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You can't find it because those are only partial part #s and they would have been so rarely replaced(there's really never a need to) that there is likely little to none left out there in NOS. Used ones are probably your only options. This doesn't look like an actual Ford parts catalog illustration and if it is then the text underneath it is missing that gives the complete part #s for the particular application/options(color, submodel, etc).
Buy the complete 1965-72 Ford parts catalog on USB drive or disc: 1965-72 ford parts catalog | eBay

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Coupe 347 Stroker
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, was away... I found something similar online but can't even come up with the name the actual part to try and find it or the OEM aftermarket ... I will probably have to fabricate something. I will check the parts catalog you suggested...hopefully it helps...like i said before I got excited and bought all these restoration books even a shop manual only to be disappointed in the contents. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts