Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got my gt40p intake all cleaned up and ready to install but now ive gotta deal with the rear coolant line going throu the throttle body? and i have a coolant sensor on my old intake thats up near the front of the intake on the drivers side and the gt40p doesnt have that one. so what do i do there? and where is the EGR located? ive heard so much regarding it but i have yet to see it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
just did this swap... and actually i plugged the coolant lines didnt run the egr no that sensor and have had a problem.... check eng light is on but as far as performance and daily driving not problems...

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
just did this swap... and actually i plugged the coolant lines didnt run the egr no that sensor and have had a problem.... check eng light is on but as far as performance and daily driving not problems...
the CEL will come on when you remove the EGR..you can either buy or build a resistor kit to turn the CEL off

removing the EGR will not cause any driveability problems

RJM Injection Tech » EGR Eliminators

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. im also doing the heads, i figured i myswell do it right the first time around rather than go back later and do the heads.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you just plugged the one thats coming out of the heater tubes and didnt drill the return line in your intake right?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
so you just plugged the one thats coming out of the heater tubes and didnt drill the return line in your intake right?
yep thats all you need to do..block off the one on the hard heater line,and dont drill the hole for the return line...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I capped mine off on the heater tube with a vacuum plug and put a small hose clamp on it. I already had to replace it once though (after 1500-2000 miles), so it wasn't a very good fix. I need to come up with something that doesn't look like it belongs on a Honda though.

I really wanted to eliminate the heater pipe all together because I don't run a heater (I drive my Ranger in the winter). If it weren't for the coolant temp sensor, mine would be gone.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I really wanted to eliminate the heater pipe all together because I don't run a heater (I drive my Ranger in the winter). If it weren't for the coolant temp sensor, mine would be gone.
ECT has 3/8 NPT threads
Hole in intake for heater tube is 1/2" NPT

i bought a 1/2" npt pipe plug,and drilled/tapped it for the 3/8" hole and stuck the ECT right into the intake

they may sell them already drilled,but i couldnt find one at the time..heres a pic of what i did..works perfectly

·
Registered
154 Posts
need4spd90, what did you for the water pump outlet for the heater pipe? That's a great idea you had for the sensor!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
just put a rubber cap and a hose clamp over it

got the cap in an assortment pack at the local parts hose
"Help" section i believe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.