Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems dumb, I know, but how can I tell (VIN or similar maybe?) if my car came with the leather seats? Supposedly they are leather and I never thought to question it until recently...

·
Registered
212 Posts
premium models came with leather. premium models also came with the extra battery voltage gauge and oil pressure gauge. Also the dash, around the vents, is gray. theres also "information" in between the gauges. i might be missing a few things, but if it doesnt have these things it shouldnt have the leather.

deluxe models only came with cloth and wouldnt of had came with all that stuff i mentioned about the premium models.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
premium models came with leather. premium models also came with the extra battery voltage gauge and oil pressure gauge. Also the dash, around the vents, is gray. theres also "information" in between the gauges. i might be missing a few things, but if it doesnt have these things it shouldnt have the leather.

deluxe models only came with cloth and wouldnt of had came with all that stuff i mentioned about the premium models.
I forgot to mention that it is the GT Premium model and does have the features you mentioned. That is why I always assumed it was leather. But the seats are not soft leather they are quite "hard" almost like a vinyl. And then I could not smell that distinctive leather smell so then I started wondering...

·
Registered
307 Posts

Leather was an option on Deluxe models.

Between '05 and '08, the two extra guages, message center, upgraded dash (satin aluminum or woven charcoal), etc were part of the "Interior Upgrade Package". The "IUP" was optional on all levels (though no longer available on the V6 Deluxe in '08). In 2009, the IUP became part of the "Premium Interior" on the Premium models.

It sounds like the leather is dry. Treat it with Lexol. It will bring back the color and softness. You may have to treat it a second time if the leather is very dry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I forgot to mention that it is the GT Premium model and does have the features you mentioned. That is why I always assumed it was leather. But the seats are not soft leather they are quite "hard" almost like a vinyl. And then I could not smell that distinctive leather smell so then I started wondering...
If the seats burn your butt from sitting in the hot sun - you got leather. If not, you got cloth. Only two choices, cloth or leather.

With leather option, it's not all leather.
It can't be for a $695 option.

The actual option was listed as 'Leather trimmed interior'. It basically means front seats only, and just the bottom seating surface and front seat backs. Not sides, not backs of the front seats and not the rear passenger seat.

At least in my 05 it's that way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no vinyl option?

Ah, well, if it is either cloth or leather then even I can tell the difference to that! I thought there was a vinyl standard option or something which is why I got curious.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If the seats burn your butt from sitting in the hot sun - you got leather. If not, you got cloth. Only two choices, cloth or leather.

With leather option, it's not all leather.
It can't be for a $695 option.

The actual option was listed as 'Leather trimmed interior'. It basically means front seats only, and just the bottom seating surface and front seat backs. Not sides, not backs of the front seats and not the rear passenger seat.

At least in my 05 it's that way.
That's right. Most of the "leather" in the car is actually vinyl. Still burns my butt, though (the price you pay for a vert with black leather seats :))

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's right. Most of the "leather" in the car is actually vinyl. Still burns my butt, though (the price you pay for a vert with black leather seats :))

Ouch! When you drop your top, you've got yourself a nice little 'fryin' pan'...

I hope you don't live in the south....

Mine's got the black leather also, not a vert though. Mine will toast your skin if you've got shorts on.

Could not imagine with a drop top....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have one of these:
Car Cover, Car Sun Shade - California PopTop
They've gone up 10% in price since I bought it in 2006. It works good, keeps things from overheating in the sun. Takes 30 seconds to put it on after you practice a few times. Folds into a built-in pocket for stowing in a corner of the trunk or behind the seats. I wipe it down with a damp rag every so often and it cleans easily. I am very happy with its function and its longevity.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4538988041_51cb83754b_z.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ouch! When you drop your top, you've got yourself a nice little 'fryin' pan'...

I hope you don't live in the south....

Mine's got the black leather also, not a vert though. Mine will toast your skin if you've got shorts on.

Could not imagine with a drop top....
LOL. I live in the Northeast. It's not as bad as all that, in fact the heat dissipates as soon as I lower the top. I will say, though, that I can put on 30 spf sunscreen and still be a bit red after driving for a few hours with the top down.

When I bought my stang there were only 2 '08 GT verts left on the lot. Both had black leather. I had to buy an '08 because it was Spring of '09 and Ford was giving massive amounts of cash incentives on the '08s. Maybe next time I'll try for saddle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.