Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought MAC's longtube headers to fit my 92 mustang and a magnaflow catback system(all bought new), I bought a mac prochamber mid pipe used on ebay but today i tried to install the prochamber but it wouldnt bolt up the pipes wont match up with the headers... can any one tell me if this prochamber is the right one for my car, 5 speed standard? what is the difference between an automatic prochamber and a 5 speed?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the chamber is not wide enough, it measures 14inches from center to center and the headers measure 15 inches....

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
ur mac longtubes wont match up with mac mid pipes??? usually the mismatches are with different manufacturers....did u buy wrong mid pipes..or sent wrong ones?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
You need a BFH!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, you should be able swing a half inch both ways and bolt it up. Just push out on the header, they will give some. Or you could take it to a welder or muffler shop, have them put a cut in the mid pipe pipes, and weld it back together. It doesnt take much, just a die grinders wheel width on the side off the pipe should allow the pipe to expand once closed up and get you close enough to bolt up. I really didnt explain that good, so if you dont under stand ill try and make it easier to comprehend.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Try fitting the prochamber on with the headers loose on the heads, leave the whole system loose until it's all fitted on to your liking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats what i was thinkin about bringing it to a muffler shop but there has to be some simple reason why they wont bolt up, would loosining the header bolts really help? I was thinking about getting underneath and using a rachet strap around the headfers to try and bring them closer together?????

·
Registered
211 Posts
You could try loosening the bolts at the heads, but do so with caution. Loosen both headers half-way, this should allow you to manipulate the ProChamber into place, you will most likely be able to bring the pipes on the ProChamber in more then the headers, if you have someone with ratchet tie down straps, put these around your ProChamber and start cranking. Once they are moved in enough to align with your headers, bolt these up loosely, however, do not undo the strap until you get the headers bolted back up to the heads. Then tighten your connectors. Post back and let us know how everything goes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup thanks guys for your help and as usual allfords rocks.... I went with loosining all the header bolts and the prochamber lined up perfectly.. thanks again

·
Registered
211 Posts
How's it sound? :happyhapp

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
No problem, time for a sound clip :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Glad you got it, that's the main thing. I have the same thing, MAC long tubes and ProChamber, they were a major PAIN to put in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
major pain is right, very pleased with the sound though real deep tone, will get a sound clip and post asap. thanks again:bigthumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.