Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I’m kind of new to posting thing and I need help. I have a 97Gt with a cold air intake, accufab plenum and throttle body, straight pipe, cat back exhaust.

Anyway I know I can do more to it but I just bought a 2001 Mustang Gt and it is slower than the 97.:sosad: It’s all stock with an automatic transmision. I like the idea of having one car for play and another for business but the 2001 needs to be faster. What can I do?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If you want the 01 to smoke the 97 then get 4.10s and an excal2 tuner for the premium tune, shift points, and speedo fix. An off road midpipe will also net some good gains. BTW 97s rule! :worship

·
Registered
701 Posts
Agree with dollarbill,
Gears and tune makes them fly (automatic transmission)

I would also add:
- Cold air intake
- Throttle body plenum combo
- Underdrive pulleys

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the info. Unfortunately I’m not to well versed in the parts lingo. Can you guys tell me how to find this stuff and cheep.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I ordered my gears and parts from www.mustangtuning.com . They have great prices and ship everything for free!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I agree, I like FRPP parts. Good value to be had there. Gears and a tuner will definitely get the job done on an auto. CAI, TB, Plenum and exhaust will put net you some pretty stout numbers and a nice fat torque curve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.