Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got an 1986 5.0 mustang gt. i know my friend has an entirely different car but on his rx 7 he took out some stuff from his engine that he said restricted some horsepower, so he would get small boost to his engine. my question is... Is there any stuff that i could take out of my stock 5.0 engine that will give it a little extra boost? thanks.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
If the factory air silencer is still in the fender well area by the air filter, you could remove that. That's pretty much it.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
You could always bump the timing to 14 degrees. You would need a timing light to do that. Remove the plug by the distributor thats about 1/2" x 3/4" and black. The car will act like its running like crap. Point the light at the harmonic balancer and loosen the 1/2" distributor bolt. Turn the distributor until the timing marker points to 14 degrees. Then put the plug back in.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
FalseErr0r said:
hey i got an 1986 5.0 mustang gt. i know my friend has an entirely different car but on his rx 7 he took out some stuff from his engine that he said restricted some horsepower, so he would get small boost to his engine. my question is... Is there any stuff that i could take out of my stock 5.0 engine that will give it a little extra boost? thanks.
get a blower !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i was thinking about the ac. it doesnt work and i dont intend on fixing it because it isnt that bad when i was driving it around during the summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.