Ford Mustang Forum banner

help with power plant

582 Views 9 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  RLG34750
hey i am tryin to put a 5.0 v8 in a 1986 mazda b2000 what do i have to do for motor mounts any help
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
The ones to use are the Mustang convert mounts up to '93'. James Duff and L & L make swap kits but expensive, ususally can do with stock parts. Surprised to see that question asked here. Best site for the swap info you are going to need is at:
Ranger Power Sports Forum - Powered by vBulletin
There are a couple of Ford engineers there who have done the swap plus all the others, lots of help and info. One has actually stuffed a stroked 460 into a Ranger. What ever you want, it's been done and that's the site to check. There are a couple more sites, one is www.V8-ranger.com, very small but a fun group.
Dave
See less See more
G
I told you man dont do it! not a 5.0!
Okay, why not? There really are a lot of options out there as in turbo. Still stuck in the '60's.
Dave
G
cuz the 5.0 should stay in the fox.. period
G
cuz the 5.0 should stay in the fox.. period

well playing devil advocate why not

the Mazda 6 is equipped from the factory with a ford v6

so the 5.0 would be right at home.......

would you rather put a Chevy motor in in it....

I don't think so.......
See less See more
G
im against the idea but ok..
With the '98' and later 4x4 Rangers, the Explorer motor drops right in, motor mounts work, wiring just plugs in, just like Ford had planned it that way.
Dave
im against the idea but ok..
I remeber when they were putting the 5.0 in the miata's, those were monsters...........
G
I remeber when they were putting the 5.0 in the miata's, those were monsters...........

v8 powered miata's are sick......:bigthumbsup

check this out.......

http://www.monstermiata.com/
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.