Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2008 gt/cs and I would like to replace the rear deck speakers does anyone know how to get at them with out messing up the inside of the car thanks for the help.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
I have an 2008 gt/cs and I would like to replace the rear deck speakers does anyone know how to get at them with out messing up the inside of the car thanks for the help.
Open trunk, put head inside, find back of speaker, remove.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have to take out the rear deck panel from the inside. The speakers drop in from the top & can't be removed from the bottom (trunk area). At least that's the design on the 07's.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have to take out the rear deck panel from the inside. The speakers drop in from the top & can't be removed from the bottom (trunk area). At least that's the design on the 07's.
Oops, my mistake. I took a quick look and thought they would drop out but didn't look at it hard at all. I have no plans on changing them.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
You don't need to remove the package tray, although it will make it easier. If I recall correctly, you will need a torx bit to get the factory stuff out. This is a bit of a pain because of the rear window. Check around your local hardware store for an appropriate tool. Otherwise, it's straightforward and simple.

Unless you like running wires all throughout your car, I recommend these adapters from crutchfield. Unless you are going for SPL competitions, the factory wiring is fine.

Speaker Harnesses For 1998-up Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, and Nissan vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Good luck!

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
You don't need to remove the package tray, although it will make it easier. If I recall correctly, you will need a torx bit to get the factory stuff out. This is a bit of a pain because of the rear window. Check around your local hardware store for an appropriate tool. Otherwise, it's straightforward and simple.

Unless you like running wires all throughout your car, I recommend these adapters from crutchfield. Unless you are going for SPL competitions, the factory wiring is fine.

Speaker Harnesses For 1998-up Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, and Nissan vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Good luck!

You seem to have some stereo knowledge. Can you answer this question for me?

I would like to use my OEM head unit and use the “500w” OEM amp to power the door and deck speakers and put passive crossovers in so the doors and deck speakers don’t get anything under 80-100mh (still thinking of where to cross it over at). And to finish it off by running a 10” self powered tube in the trunk. Could I set it up like this? Where would I get a signal wire from? Split it off of a deck speaker?

thanks

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Here is a writeup from another forum where a guy installed an amp using the Shaker 500. It might be a good foundation for what you want to do.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2010-mustangs/299212-how-to-amp-install-w-pics-56k-warning.html

I believe the stock amps only power the door subs. The head unit powers the other speakers. I guess you could get a standard crossover that would come with a component system or something similar, but wiring it up seems like it might be a bit of a pain.

I ripped my shaker apart about 2 days after I got the car, so I'm not as familiar with it's workings, but I've probably changed my system setup about 5-6 times, so I've scoured the internet for different products and other info. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts

Good luck!
Yes you do, In 07 they covered the speakers from the top and you have to remove the back panel.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The current Crutchfield installation guide provides detailed and illustrated instructions. I can't find my copy but I know I've seen it somewhere on this site. '05 and '06 coupes have grilles that come off from the top. '07 to '09 are covered by the rear shelf trim and require a bit more disassembly. Fortunately, my '07 is a convertible which was decidedly easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.