Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to replace my plugs on my 98 GT, but i took a look at it and the left side is burried under tons of stuff. Theres nothing in the way of the right side and the first 2 of the left side look pretty easy, but those last to are burried really deep. What do i need to undo to get to the last 2 plugs on the left side? I know what all the major parts are but i dont know what some of the other parts are like all the hoses and smaller metal parts, so i dont want to mess anything up by just trying it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
on my 97 i didn't have to undo anything. just be careful and force the stuff out of the way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ya just make sure you have universal joints and extensions. thats what i used and if hoses are in the way, undo them. label the hoses so you know where they go, good luck

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, the last one seemed to have tons of stuff blocking it, i wasnt sure if you could get to it without taking some stuff off or not, ill try it out.

·
Registered
446 Posts
just make sure your engine is ice cold and move stuff if you need to just make sure you put it back the same way:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it really better for it to be cold? I heard it should be a little warm somewhere...

·
Registered
446 Posts
due to the short thread i always do it when its cold that way there is no chance to strip the threads and the plug doesnt blow out later. Also when replacing use anti-seize on the treads!!! also the electrogel on the tops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.