Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Tach and I was thinking of putting it above the gauges on the dash. But I'm not sure if the plastic there is to thin to hold it. Suggestions?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah, that's a good point. It may be to thin to support it over time with bumps and potholes. How big is the tach. Even better what model and part# is it?

R

·
0 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Like REG says it is usually mounted to the spot next to the instrument housing, but can be mounted on top as this is easier to replace later! You can use a nut/bolt system w/ a big fender washer to help support.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Here's mine, I put the screws in the curved area rather than a flat spot, and there hasn't been a problem with it. They're super tight as is.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Straight back to the gap between instrument cover panel and dash then around to the pilar and out would be my guess.

·
Registered
547 Posts
random question, why do you need a giant tach with a shift light with an automatic? i personally hate those giant tachs i think they are very degrading to the car, i can understand if you drag race with a manual its good to be able to quickly read the numbers

·
Registered
995 Posts
random question, why do you need a giant tach with a shift light with an automatic? i personally hate those giant tachs i think they are very degrading to the car, i can understand if you drag race with a manual its good to be able to quickly read the numbers
look at his mod list then u will understand, and im pretty sure he can manually shift his car too

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
My transmission is full manual, no automatic features at all. I do drag race it, and the factory in dash tach is notorious for being inaccurate.

R

·
0 Posts
that "giant tach" can be the difference of destroying a very expensive engine......

factory tachs are wrong more than they are right

Why is it degrading.....:shrug

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The factory Tach dosent work, at all. So i got another one.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Have you got it in yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.