Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my water reservore box is "bulging" at the front on top and the sides.
I am not sure if this is normal in 100 Deg. weather??

How full should it be and what does that valve loking thing on top do??

I tried to un screw it as far as it could go, but it's not releasing pressure or anything so far......
Also, can you just put ice in the water and go?? Will it "clog" the lines or hurt the pump?

Thanks,
TK

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nEVER MIND..........again! :sterb:

Went to Vortech.........25% Antifreeze and 75% water....+/- antifreeze
1. Fill 3"from top, key on (engine not started) allow pump to vent air, then fill 1" below fill hole at top...............

Mine was filled with pure distilled water.DoH!!!!!!!!!!! No cooling there.....just hot as hell water!!! :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could use some advice on this subject though........ice applications?? Other mixtures anyone else has used....50/50 antifreeze& water...???

Can I throw a bag of ice on top or around the Box??? or put it in it??

I want to put the whole box in my front passanger floorboard inside a mini portable freezer.............but I am not sure how long the lines can be before the pump freaks out???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do still have the stock bottom end? You make pretty good numbers!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Underw0rld said:
Do still have the stock bottom end? You make pretty good numbers!

nO..........ALL CUSTOM ENGINE....Aluminum block, Internals, MSD, Stg. 2 heads, Intake, Everything is aftermarket.......

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
TK421DS said:
nO..........ALL CUSTOM ENGINE....Aluminum block, Internals, MSD, Stg. 2 heads, Intake, Everything is aftermarket.......
-- TK, what would we both do w/all that money if we had it sitting on the table in $100 bills... sigh.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
meatball said:
-- TK, what would we both do w/all that money if we had it sitting on the table in $100 bills... sigh.

do it all over again lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.