Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am under 20, and am looking for advice of other members, especially the Under 20 age group.

I have two options, one being the 2012 Base GT compared to the 2012 GT Premium..
Only difference between Base and Premium, is that the Premium has Leather seats and Shaker500 (8-speakers) and the BASE has Cloth Seats and 4-speakers. Only option I chose for pricing is the 3.73 gears... Included 18" 5-Wide spoke rims.

Considering im young, I dont know which to go with.. I dont want to regret only getting cloth seats and a ****** stereo, but I also dont want to lose my car because of the payments... > Any advice...
Following price, both have 3.73 gears included ($395)

I am hoping to come up with a down payment somewhere in-between $10, and $20,000.. Yes, I am going to pay for this on my own.. :yelpleased:

BASE: $30,500 including $795 destination
(60 month-term)
PREMIUM: $34,895

No Down Payment - (%3.9) Base $560 (Premium - $641)

No down payment - (%0) Base $508 (Premium - $582)

$10,000 down - (%3.9) Base $377 (Premium - $457)

$10,000 down - (%0) Base $342 (Premium - $415)

$20,000 down - (%3.9) Base 193 (Premium - $274)

$20,000 down - (%0) Base $175 (Premium - $248)

I will be ordering a Grabber Blue Coupe.. Reason why im going next to no options is because I have looked around for after market parts and I found the following Ide like to buy
-GT500 Front-End conversion kit with Mamba hood $3,099
-GT500 spoiler
-Side window louvers $150
-Rear window louvers $199.99
-and eventually, Black GT500 SVT rims, 19" front, 20" rear OR 20" Black Super Snake rims... All in time though.. For the first four listed, hopefully I can get additional money on the bank loan..
Knowing my age, I will more than likely, need a parent to Co-sign..

Advice and any information is appreciated !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Those payments are using a Fords Website Calculator, I dont know how accurate it is..
You guys will know better, this will be my first big investment/purchase in life. So im reasonably stressed about the payments/insurance and if I will approve for a loan.. (More than likely, will need a parent to Co-sign for me)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get Premium. You will Regret it if you dont. And dont pay Sticker price. Try to find out what incentives and discounts are available

·
Registered
522 Posts
As you live in Ontario and you're under 25, call your insurance company (and shop around), because that can be a killer. A guy who I work with is 22 and he pays almost 500 for a Kia because of a ticket + accident. That could be equal to the car payment! Assuming you have an average part-time job, they will probably want you to have a co-signer for anything above ~300/month. I believe as of yesterday Ford just started Ford Family pricing in Canada, with Costco an additional $1000 off. I was able to shave about 7k off of the sticker on a fully loaded-ish convertible. Make sure that you check the insurance, it can be a huge deal-breaker.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put $27K down on $36.5 and my payments are around $315 per month for 36 months

·
Registered
603 Posts
Get the Premium. The base doesnt give you the door sills that light up, ambient lighting, different dash, crappy steering wheel. In the end you'll prob spend the money you save to try and make these areas better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get the Premium. The base doesnt give you the door sills that light up, ambient lighting, different dash, crappy steering wheel. In the end you'll prob spend the money you save to try and make these areas better.
:bigthumbsup

Agree with that for sure

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a ton for replying. I can admit thinking about everything is stressful.
I have a clean driving record and payed almost $1100 for Drivers Ed while I had my G1. The Instructor told us we would save atleast $200 a month on insurance. The prices I listed, that was without customer cash, and any dealer discounts etc.. On the Base, and the Premium with the only option being 3.73 gears, how much less do you think I could get one for.. If I have a large down-payment, can I talk to dealer down myself ?
EDIT: I saw that steering wheel :nono: My winter car (Black Alero GX) has a nicer wheel.. lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
Definitely get the premium and make sure you get insurance quotes before you purchase. Have you thought about the v6? Insurance will be cheaper and you can get it loaded for cheaper than a base Gt. I had a 2011 5.0 and unless you race it there is no need for all that power. Granted the v6 doesn't sound the same but it is more than quick enough to make for an enjoyable riding experience.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Also don't forget to include the 13% HST on top of the sticker price. That will bring the price/payments up quite a bit.

In addition, are you sure you are using the correct financing interest rate?

As a side note, I was 22 when I bought my 2011 V6 and I briefly entertained the idea of the GT. However, I decided that given the insurance premiums + gas prices, it was the safer "investment" (its not really an investment because it does nothing but lose money) to go with a premium V6. Also, the monthly payments would have been much higher.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just love the rumble the 5.0 gives off.. and its all about putting a stupid smile on my face :)
I dont know how accurate an online insurance quote would be, but at this time of night, I cant call someone. I am going to quickly fill out a quote with "The General" insurance company..
EDIT: Here is the page I used.

http://bp3.ford.com/2012-Ford-Musta...ocale=en&intcmp=DC1-01061#/MakeItYours/Config[|Ford|Mustang|2012|1|1.|401A.P8C..CI..885.918.89R.NFLEE.457.44X.GT.COU.PRE.43S.]

Just hit "Calculate Payment" that is what they already had in there.. And about the %0APR, my Local dealership was offering a 60 month, %0 financial term.. So I placed it there in-case I could talk them into it.. Highly doubt it :(

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Also, where are you getting these sticker prices from? On the Ford Canada website the base GT starts at $38,000 and change.

Edit: I just saw your post above. Are you planning to buy it in the US? Otherwise you should use the Canadian site.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, where are you getting these sticker prices from? On the Ford Canada website the base GT starts at $38,000 and change.

Edit: I just saw your post above. Are you planning to buy it in the US? Otherwise you should use the Canadian site.
Your kidding me.... lol, I did not know I was using the states (Palm to head)

UPDATE ON INSURANCE
: (One quote, from Desjardins) Based on a NEW, 2011 GT 2Dr. $398.08/month, $4,777/year. Includes = Liability $1,000,000. Collision, Comprehensive (Theft,Fire ETC) Glass Coverage and Family Protection. I wasnt able to put in there I took driving lessons, and TD around is is usually almost half the price of Desjardins... So thats not THAT bad I guess

·
Registered
434 Posts
There is no way I could pay $400 a month for insurance!

·
Registered
66 Posts
You ain't very smart are you?
Almost $5g you can do a lot things for that money.
If I were you, i will go with a cheap cheap car until you reach the mature age for cheaper insurance.

By then there will be a faster or better Mustang around!

I am in mid-30s I pay only $350 for 6 months full coverage...

You still young! Save as much as you can.....

Your kidding me.... lol, I did not know I was using the states (Palm to head)

UPDATE ON INSURANCE: (One quote, from Desjardins) Based on a NEW, 2011 GT 2Dr. $398.08/month, $4,777/year. Includes = Liability $1,000,000. Collision, Comprehensive (Theft,Fire ETC) Glass Coverage and Family Protection. I wasnt able to put in there I took driving lessons, and TD around is is usually almost half the price of Desjardins... So thats not THAT bad I guess

·
Registered
107 Posts
Despite being young you seem to be trying to do your homework. I just do not understand why you stress the desire to get advise from guys under 20? Would you not want to benefit from those of us who are a bit older, been there and done that a number of times? Perhaps learn from our mistakes? Just wondering . . . .

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Those payments are using a Fords Website Calculator, I, this will be my first big investment/purchase in life.
There is your first mistake... this is not an investment... it is a cash pit. A large purchase it may be... .but def. not an investment. Get that out of your head right away!!! :yelwacko:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Insurance for a GT male driver under 25 will be enormous. Speeding tickets or accidents and you'll have a hard time finding a company to cover you. I second others advice and look at a V6. Maybe a GT when you're over 25. Maybe the 2014-15 redesign will be the best stang ever and you can get the GT then? Or maybe keep saving until you can buy one cash? It will be difficult to finance on your own, and if you do probably not at a low rate. Good luck though!

·
Registered
837 Posts
$35k in his original calculation.. in US dollars. Doesn't the price go way up in Canada? Or am I thinking overseas?

And am I reading it right? You're going to take out a bank loan to buy the car??

B

·
0 Posts
If I were you and really liked mustangs, I'd just get a v6. Trade it in after you turn 25 if you absolutely have to have a v8. Paying $400 a month just for insurance is ridiculous when you could use the money for something else like food lol. I can't believe it's that expensive when I pay $512 every six months for two full coverage cars.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.