Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lowered my 2012 gt and changed the plugs. The springs only lowered it 1.1" in front and 1.6" in back. That went smoothly. While changing the plugs I accidentally grounded out the ratchet extension on the battery while trying to remove the last plug on passenger side. The problem is now my car reads "service advance track" and I have no power steering. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Hopefully the computer was not fried by the short.

I would try disconnecting the battery for about 1/2 hour, then hook it back up, and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I was thinking the same thing as JBert try taking the battery cable off for the duration he stated

·
Super Moderator
1,870 Posts
Probably too simplistic, but check your fuses while you are at it...

·
Registered
525 Posts
You must have blown the fuse on the positive battery cable. Time for a new one and this is why you're supposed to remove the cables when doing a plug change on these cars. It's going to be expensive.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
You blew the fuse to the steering. Look at the fuse layout and the steering is a large fuse. This is common when people do header installs.

·
Administrator
13,243 Posts
You must have blown the fuse on the positive battery cable. Time for a new one and this is why you're supposed to remove the cables when doing a plug change on these cars. It's going to be expensive.
Yeah, expensive, if This is the one:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=Cp9Rk8j2cVr-XGcGrbuaskIANttKH7waOu7WqiwHmzY3Q3wIIBBABKAVgyYacjNCk5A-gAdzDif8DyAEHqgQlT9CoVXFpG9BGOqIKcIN1Ku4gLwprfdNHZWQzg0DKEK03npdck8AFBaAGJoAHjLx2iAcBkAcCqAemvhvYBwHgEqOC0vXWo8rYKQ&sig=AOD64_0sTAXpU5IA-AuFFbF7hwDe_2BCMg&ctype=5&clui=15&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiDk-yBmbLKAhWHuhQKHVP6C6AQwg8IIA&adurl=http://www.carid.com/motorcraft/starter-cable-mpn-wc96175.html

Add to that, its out of stock at this retailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts