Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

I recently spoke with ford and they informed me that my car was shipped using "United Road Services". Well I tracked down the company and found a somewhat useful site to track it. So if your car was shipped via United Road Services give this a try.

Search By Vin

Also you can try to call them if you know for sure your car was shipped via them.
1-734-947-7900

But good luck. The person I am on the phone with now can't access the tracking info because he doesn't have permissions to view it.
But I am not giving up. Still on hold :(

Now they told me to call this number instead:
1800-815-2981

Hope this helps!

Mike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Even if your sticker says CONVOY it usually gets on a train.

My status was CONVOY and the update said "UNITED ROAD", but I think it only goes via United until it gets to rail. Then it goes to CSX. Unless you're so close to Michigan it's easier to just use a truck..

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
If you know your car is being shipped by them currently, what is the point of calling them? I mean, you know it's coming, right? Even if you will be out of town when it shows up, it will be at the dealership still... I mean, they won't sell it to someone else will they?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks much, Dude304

My car was built 2 months ago, and ever since then I've been being told it was sitting in a lot waiting to be shipped....ETA has been May 4th all this time, never changed. Called CS this morning and was told the same thing. On a hunch after reading this post, I called United Road Services this morning after talking to Ford CS. URS plugged in my VIN and told me my car was loaded on a truck this morning and is heading to my dealer....FINALLY !!!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For People like PTM333. Also some cars sit on the damn loading ramp for weeks. so you can keep checking this till you see it has actually been loaded on a truck.
If you know your car is being shipped by them currently, what is the point of calling them? I mean, you know it's coming, right? Even if you will be out of town when it shows up, it will be at the dealership still... I mean, they won't sell it to someone else will they?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine said convoy too, but it was shipped by truck, not train

·
Registered
52 Posts
On a hunch after reading this post, I called United Road Services this morning after talking to Ford CS. URS plugged in my VIN and told me my car was loaded on a truck this morning and is heading to my dealer....FINALLY !!!!!
I also gave URS a call today, but my VIN wasn't even listed in their systems, even though Ford tracking states that it was loaded on a truck 3.5 days ago (United Road Services). Turns out that Ford sometimes writes URS in the tracking system and then decides to ship with someone else - that was what the helpful URS rep told me. Seems like I have no way to track it whatsoever until I can figure out what trucking company they actually used... :/

/wj

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If yours is going to cali, im positive itll go by train. CSX

I also gave URS a call today, but my VIN wasn't even listed in their systems, even though Ford tracking states that it was loaded on a truck 3.5 days ago (United Road Services). Turns out that Ford sometimes writes URS in the tracking system and then decides to ship with someone else - that was what the helpful URS rep told me. Seems like I have no way to track it whatsoever until I can figure out what trucking company they actually used... :/

/wj

·
Registered
52 Posts
If yours is going to cali, im positive itll go by train. CSX
It was train all the way to Benicia, CA (it only took them a couple of days or so to get there from Flat Rock, MI when it was finally released), but since then it's been way too quiet, tracking ends there...

/wj

·
Registered
76 Posts
Even if your sticker says CONVOY it usually gets on a train.

My status was CONVOY and the update said "UNITED ROAD", but I think it only goes via United until it gets to rail. Then it goes to CSX. Unless you're so close to Michigan it's easier to just use a truck..
My sticker said CONVOY, but it was loaded on a truck in MI to come to TN.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks much, Dude304

My car was built 2 months ago, and ever since then I've been being told it was sitting in a lot waiting to be shipped....ETA has been May 4th all this time, never changed. Called CS this morning and was told the same thing. On a hunch after reading this post, I called United Road Services this morning after talking to Ford CS. URS plugged in my VIN and told me my car was loaded on a truck this morning and is heading to my dealer....FINALLY !!!!!
wow your car was built 2 months ago. mine was built 4 weeks ago.. i might not get my car until the end of July and i am in Michigan.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Call CS and see where its at. If its at ramp 51 you have a long wait. But if its on ramp 5P then you should be seeing it soon

wow your car was built 2 months ago. mine was built 4 weeks ago.. i might not get my car until the end of July and i am in Michigan.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Guess my car will be lonely sitting on ramp 51 all by itself, now that everyone else’s car has shipped. Been there going on 4 weeks and no ship date, no update, no luck. ETA changed 3 times and is stuck on 5/31.

Brings back memories of the misfit toys from Rudolf the red nosed reindeer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.