Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading these boards in preparation for the purchase and she is finally here! You guys have been great as I've been reading everyone's opinion etc. I went V6 b/c I'm not a speed nut and the V6 had more than enough power for me - plus cash wise and gas wise it made sense. I can deal with a second longer when doing 0-60!

I got the pony pack, heated seats, ambient lights, sirius (of course!), safety package, interior upgrade

here are some pics

I am a big fan of a black on black car - any suggestions for mods / improvements? I was thinking tinting windows black but the 50% rule and 35% on back doesn't really get it to where I want. I was maybe thinking of getting black tires? Dual exhaust? not sure - i love the car though!

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congratiolation It's a very nice color and a very nice Stang too.

Drive it safe and enjoy it as much as possible and remember dont be sade if you hade some paint scraches here and there because your color is scrach defender.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
congrats on the car it is beautiful and I lovethat new ambient lighting.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
You are blessed! Glad you got her, she is beautiful! Enjoy her! Do get black wheels! Those are hot on black!! Tint is a must! Listen to me! I need those two items too! LOL Keep us posted on your mod progress! We love it here!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks!!!! I just found out in VA the tint is 50% at most for the front two windows!! : ( that is def not what I wanted. I was looking for 20%. I wonder if it's even still worth it.

As for the ambient lighting it def is better than I thought - the concept for me sounded king of "cheesy" but it really adds a nice effect when driving at night.

I'm loving the car - I'll drive extra miles purposely just so I can be in it. Also - the 5000 radio system is really good.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I was maybe thinking of getting black tires?
At first I thought - don't we all have black tires?
But then I thought - if black tires look good on a red car, maybe red tires would look good on a black car? I say try to find some red tires!

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Nice stang, you might try a shorty antenna and some matching painted mirror covers for starters.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratiolation It's a very nice color and a very nice Stang too.

Drive it safe and enjoy it as much as possible and remember dont be sade if you hade some paint scraches here and there because your color is scrach defender.

Good luck
:scratchchin hmmm not sure I understand. Are you saying bc it's black it won't be seen if i have paint chips?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice stang, you might try a shorty antenna and some matching painted mirror covers for starters.
matching painted mirror covers huh? Even if my car is all black? I saw yours (where you have a blue top on it - and it looks great) but would that be necessary with a black car?

Also - the shorty antenna is a good idea. Come to think of it - i don't use the radio - just satellite. Do i even need one? :headscratch:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Just adds to the look of your car, painted to match is awesome, also you might want to try quarter window painted louvers as well

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Also that big honking antenna they put on stock (you could put a sail on it) even if you use or not the shorty antenna looks nice

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Well , you could do the antenna delete for about 400.00 aprox as compared to 30.00 for a shorty antenna,You can go to the search portion of the forum here and search antenna mods, that will give you some help for the delete antenna and any other info including a mods search of you like, hope that helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.