Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked my ride up from the dealer as it did not have the complete power that it should. I have had it there twice now and this time they actually found the problem. As it turns out I had a faulty fuel pump. Now, Here is the thing that gets on my nerves. I have a 2007 mustang that I purchased last year, shortly after I got it, some wonderful individual decided they wanted to pour sugar into my gas tank. (yes I have a locking gas cap now.) anyway, it cost my 1500 dollars to flush my system, change 2 injectors, fuel filter and replace a fuel pump. I found out that the new ones have 2 pumps in them. I am curious as to whether or not the sugar messed up both pumps and they just changed the one. ANYWAY, I am fed up with vandals, thieves, and any other low life that thinks it's cute to do garbage like this. I finally got my baby back in top notch order and I just wanted to vent a little. Hope everyone is having a great day

07_mustanguy:happyhapp

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
wow. what a load of crap for someone to do that. got any enemies that you know of?
glad to hear your stang is back up and trotting around all healthy again.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dang man, that's low. But glad to hear that it's running well now. Hope the little bastige that messed with it gets caught.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Did somebody pour an entire 10lb bag into your tank? Sugar in the gas tank doesn't really do anything. Their would have had to be a large amount poured in to get past the fuel filter, then to clog the injectors.

:headscratch:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sugar in the tank

No, it was strange cause at the location where that happened I did not have any enemies. I refused to talk to my neighbors cause I lived in central phoenix at the time. It was completely random. As far as the actual content of sugar in the tank, the dealer gave me a sample of the gas and it was about 80 percent sugar, so ya, someone had to dump a lot in there. I slept it off and feel a little better today, I am off for now, need to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.