Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these used off craigslist. They are Weld Rodlites 15x7 with 4.5" backspace and have a dual 4 lug bolt pattern 4.5" + 4.25" x 4 lug. They were on a 5.0 Mustang. I used 215/60R15 on the rear and 195/60R15 on the front. I had to use a 1/4 inch spacer on the fronts because they rubbed on the upper control arm when turning in reverse with the wheel turned all the way to either side, so a 6" or narrower inch rim would probably eliminate the need for spacers in the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It makes the car look like a fast Mustang, but if you've ever driven a six cylinder Mustang you know they are not very fast.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Maybe I'll look into a set of those after I get my engine fixed. And about 6 cylinders being slow, for my graduation present, I am looking at getting a comp cams kit and a new exhaust system. It includes a high energy timing chain, high energy lifters, valve springs, and high energy push rods. And as for exhaust I was looking at a Clifford Performance dual exhaust header, with a 66 GT exhaust system.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The six has one big problem with performance mods, the stupid cast as part of the head restrictive intake manifold. Yes I know you can get a different head, but I'll just cruise around slowly until I put in my 302.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It would be cheaper to go to classic inlines and get their aluminium 250 cylinder head, and then get either a 1, 2, or 4 barrel carburetor intake manifold then doing a V8 conversion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts