Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Mustang fans-

I'm Austin, I'm 20 and live in the great green state of Oregon!

Here's a brief story about my car history-

My first car was a red 1965 Ford Mustang, 200ci/C4. Wasn't the quickest thing ever haha. I found out about Clifford Performance and started getting into the 6cyl performance stuff, then decided not to when I started adding up how much it'd cost to throw out decent performance numbers (You'd be surprised how much a hot cam with a 1.7 rocker arm assembly, rocker arms, and an EFI kit can run for a 200ci!). I did love the thing though, the hours I spent in my garage with at least one or two parts out of her are countless. But, I wanted more power for not a lot of money, so GASP! I Sold it. Still regret it to this day.

Bought a 1981 Chevy C10 Stepside short box. 350ci, Holley 600cfm, TH-350, 2900rpm stall, full manual valve body, and high heat clutches. Suffice it to say, it suuuuuucked up gas.

Once gas hit the $3 mark, sold her and stuck with my back up truck, a 1995 2WD Nissan pick up haha :) .

Now I finally have almost enough money saved and am going to get back into the Mustang world, once again. Looking to get my hands on an early 1965(Some call it a 1964.5) to a 1966 (My favorite body style). A coupe will do just fine. I'm a fan of the 2+2's and fastbacks, but I'm not spending more then around 15k on one, since I have to finance part of it, and I am still in school. And for my price range, I couldn't get the nice of a fastback.

And yes, I know this is blasphemous (sp?) in some of your eyes, but I am a fan of resto modding. The furthest I'd ever go in a classic mustang I own would be running a newer 4.6, T-56 6 speed, a nice 9" with 3.5's, and an Air-Ride suspension.

Don't get it twisted though, I still appreciate restored Mustangs more then anything else.

Look forward to talking to you all.

-Austin

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:welcome , Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Be sure to post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Austin welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
40,075 Posts
Welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Nothing wrong with a restomod, they're great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.