Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody i have a 2007 chip foose stallion (green and black). and the issue is living in colorado and the rocks and sand on the road. i honestly don't ever really drive it for that reason (only 5100 miles). i was thinking possibly putting a clear bra wrap of whole bumper and 18" of hood. Here's my question 1. do clear bras still turn yellow like the old ones. 2. since it's aftermarket paint on the car will that come off if I try to take clear bra off. 3. is there anything else that you guys would recommend instead???

thanks in advance for all your input!!! :worship :worship :worship

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah they still turn yellow but it takes a couple years, when you have to remove it warm it up with a heat gun and slowly pull it off it shouldnt hurt the paint its deffinatly well cured by now

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2006 Torch Red Gt and I have had the 3M Clearmask on the front 12 inches of my hood, front bumper and around headlights as well as the headlight lenses. The clearmask has been on my car for over 4 yrs . the 3m product DOES NOT yellow. the old compound years ago did, but not in recent years. My car is ding free and the gloss matches my paint perfectly. my advice is BUY IT! Youll be glad you did. My car has been hit numerous times by pebbles,etc. and not a scratch!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 2006 Torch Red Gt and I have had the 3M Clearmask on the front 12 inches of my hood, front bumper and around headlights as well as the headlight lenses. The clearmask has been on my car for over 4 yrs . the 3m product DOES NOT yellow. the old compound years ago did, but not in recent years. My car is ding free and the gloss matches my paint perfectly. my advice is BUY IT! Youll be glad you did. My car has been hit numerous times by pebbles,etc. and not a scratch!
As said above! I install clear paint protection for a living. 3M is hands down the best! Other brands do yellow. Both my cars have it & I live in NY with hard winters. 3 ft away u can't even tell it's there. Go for it u won't regret it. Don't try yourself, let a professional do it, they will warranty work.

·
Registered
210 Posts
hey everybody i have a 2007 chip foose stallion (green and black). and the issue is living in colorado and the rocks and sand on the road. i honestly don't ever really drive it for that reason (only 5100 miles). i was thinking possibly putting a clear bra wrap of whole bumper and 18" of hood. Here's my question 1. do clear bras still turn yellow like the old ones. 2. since it's aftermarket paint on the car will that come off if I try to take clear bra off. 3. is there anything else that you guys would recommend instead???

thanks in advance for all your input!!! :worship :worship :worship
1. 3M=NO 2. No as long as paint is cured & has had a chance to outgas @ least 3 weeks 3. No, go with 3M & professional install

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have to agree with speed. I had the 3M Clearmask installed by the dealer (in Alaska) on my 2008 Black Bullitt. Not a scratch, dent, ding or anything on it, and as long as you get all the wax off at the edges, you can't tell the difference from just a few feet away. :bigthumbsup Good stuff maynard!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts