Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im 16 years old. i had gotten a 1986 mustang about 3 months after my 15th birthday(learners permit for driving). it sat in my garage most of the time except on weekends where me and my dad would head out driving around town letting me get used to switching gears and such. When i got the car it had 113k miles on it and it runs awsome. Oh and btw i bought it for 1500$. Everything is pretty much stock. I recently just got a job about a week ago (oct 12th) and i will be getting my first paycheck on oct 28th. It should be around $250-270 around that and i wanna be putting some money into the car. right now i mostly just want it to sound nice and loud. i went looking around town and saw some flowmaster mufflers for 65$ each i think they were 2' but cant really remember . he also had some imported mufflers that i think were also 2' for 45$ each and he said they sound pretty much the same. After that i plan on replacing the whole exhaust with something that is better. Any suggestions with what i should buy like headers and such and what order i should buy them would be greatly appreciated or should i just save up and buy an entire kit.

G

·
If you're looking to replace the entire exhaust don't waste your money on just those mufflers. If that's what you wan't to spend right away, get an off road h pipe (a MAC is about $125), then save for a full catback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.