1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I've never heard any reviews on this CAI but UPR is a reputable company and the filter looks kinda cool. I'd give it a shot. You won't need to modify anything to use it.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
Check this out and tell me what you guys think? DO I NEED TO0 MAKE ANY UPGRADES OR CAN I BOLT THIS RIGHT ON????? www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=554 if the website doesnt come up then just go to coolblueperformance.com and click on air intake its the upr intake for a 96V6 thanks:laughlitt
I'd go with a plastic one -JLT, DeMolet, or K&N.

But if you want show, aluminum is better than most. It won't rust!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks:thumbsup

·
Registered
102 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
Check this out and tell me what you guys think? DO I NEED TO0 MAKE ANY UPGRADES OR CAN I BOLT THIS RIGHT ON????? www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=554 if the website doesnt come up then just go to coolblueperformance.com and click on air intake its the upr intake for a 96V6 thanks:laughlitt
I have the same intake on my car, you can check it out under my pictures... It works fine for me, i've never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mustang intake

Hey Guys I might be full of **** but I have a 2001 mustang v6 auto trans

I bought a intake that looks just like that on on that web site.
for 45.00 on ebay. I dident like it because in the morning or when the motor was cold when you started it up it would make a LOUD sucking sound and the performance gains was not enought to feel. I made some 1/4 passes with my g tech pro meter with the after market intake and then I put my STOCK intake on with my K&N air filter and made some passes with the G tech pro
and I made more HP with my stock intake and k&N air filter. It was about 12 hp difference.
I just thought I would just let you know, I could be full of ****.
My old intake is FOR SALE i have had it about 3 months
I will take $20.00 + s&h Email me [email protected]

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
robert_51392002 said:
Hey Guys I might be full of **** but I have a 2001 mustang v6 auto trans

I bought a intake that looks just like that on on that web site.
for 45.00 on ebay. I dident like it because in the morning or when the motor was cold when you started it up it would make a LOUD sucking sound and the performance gains was not enought to feel. I made some 1/4 passes with my g tech pro meter with the after market intake and then I put my STOCK intake on with my K&N air filter and made some passes with the G tech pro
and I made more HP with my stock intake and k&N air filter. It was about 12 hp difference.
I just thought I would just let you know, I could be full of ****.
My old intake is FOR SALE i have had it about 3 months
I will take $20.00 + s&h Email me [email protected]
you've got a vacuum leak somewhere. Look for a hole in the intake that needs to be plugged, or spray some soapy water until you figure out where it's coming from.

You should make about the same as with a drop-in K&N. Even the cheap E-bay ones shouldn't lose you hp . ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
air intake

Hey guys

Are you talking about that little hole with a rubber groumit in it, yeah its pluged and all the hose clamps was tight, but the thing is it does not do it with my stock intake. I know the stock intakes are made to reduce noise levels. I just was not happy with its performance.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
robert_51392002 said:
Hey guys

Are you talking about that little hole with a rubber groumit in it, yeah its pluged and all the hose clamps was tight, but the thing is it does not do it with my stock intake. I know the stock intakes are made to reduce noise levels. I just was not happy with its performance.
The quality of those kits leave a lot to be desired, but it sounds like you've got a leak somewhere. Losing that much hp with just a CAI is a hard thing to do. Usually you just won't gain anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.