Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 1985 mustang that has been swapped over to fuel injected using 8 plug 2.3 out of a 92 mustang.

Okay, the problem I’m having is my car will not run without me spraying starting fluid in the intake, even then it will only run for 4 seconds before cutting off because the DIS module on the intake is broken. That shouldn’t cause the car to not run off its own fuel though should it? I’ve cranked the car over a few times and then pulled a spark plug to see if there was any fuel at all on it and there wasn’t, it didn’t even smell like gas. I know I have fuel reaching the fuel rail because I’ve checked the pressure and got a reading of 35 psi. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Trent how goes it. Well you answered your own question. Spraying the engine fires it up!!! So you are not getting fuel!!! Get a noide light and check injector pulses. Then post back with the results. Peace tom

carwash.gif

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just curious, how long ago did you complete the engine swap, what I mean is, have you been driving the car since the engine swap or are you just firing it up for the first time?

·
Registered
800 Posts
35psi seems low to me. it should be 44 psi if i remember right.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Phoenix is correct it should be higher at or around 40 without Vacuum to the regulator. But with 35 it should definitely run. Check pulses with a NOID LIGHT!! Peace Tom

marines.gif

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, I got a noid light and did the test, it does flash as it should. I'm guessing the fuel injectors are either clogged or possibly stuck closed?
I'm going to attempt to pull them today and clean them.

And the swap has been an on going project for about 8 months now, i haven't been able to drive the car even once because of simple little problems like what i'm having right now.

Also as for the fuel pressure the reading might have been a bit higher than 35 psi but as i remember it wasn't much more.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Pulses are a good thing!!! Peace tom rock.gifhappy053.gif

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update, i pulled and tested all the injectors using a battery, it seems that all four are either stuck closed or dead. I'll be getting some new injectors soon. Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts