Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like your turbo 4 banger? There are some local kids getting 400hp and one guy getting 511hp outta them little cars. Totally blew my mind. I just couldn't belive it, till they showed me.

G

·
Yo, sorry I get on here when I can. The car is decent. I'm having fun with it right now. There are a couple things that I don't like about it. It has no torque until I'm in boost, it's not as stable as the mustang is at high speeds, and the turning radius sucks. But other then that. I'm getting pretty good mileage going back and fourth to school. I also have the chance to play with people more. My car was so insanely loud before that no one ever wanted to race me.

My goal is gonna be 300 whp. I should be able to do that with about another $1500 or less. The only power mod I have on it right now is a AGP wastegate actuator. That made a huge difference!!! But the only thing is now I kinda have to drive the car differently because the car will make too much part throttle boost. I have some other plans, but I wanna wait a little while to see how my money situation pans out.

The car is pretty quick though. I really like the sound of the turbo spooling up. Once I get a K&N FIPK, it'll be a lot louder. It should add a couple ponies also. Right now, my only concern is school. I need to stay focused. If I got rid of my stang for nothing, I'm gonna go ape sh!t!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Okay, I haven't posted here in a while. WTF did I miss? Matt, what happened to the Stang?

G

·
Mana4Real said:
Damn, I wrote all that and got nothing. I see how it is :p

Ok here is something for ya. Its still wrong wheel drive :sterb: lol. Ill get my forced induction FWD 4 banger when the stang is paid off.

G

·
Ryan, I basically had to make a choice. School and get rid of the stang, or keep the stang and keep a crappy job for the rest of my life. I chose to get off my butt and go to school. The mustang just costed me close to $775 a month for payments and insurance. The SRT-4 only costs $533 a month for payment and insurance... It also has better coverage. It's now on the affordable level. Since I am back at school I am taking a huge cut in pay. I would take home close to $2200 a month before. Now I will only be taking home close to $1400 a month. So whay would you do? That car wasn't the only bill I had, as most people know, living is expensive.

I've been gone for a while taking care of life as it has come my way. Mostly just a bunch of bs. I'm trying to take some time at night to be on here for a little bit for all you guys. Hell, I've been here for a long time. I don't wanna just walk away. I still have a whole bunch of knowledge to pass on to you guys. I hope you guys haven't lost any respect for me. It's just my car, I'm still me.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Hey man, we all have commitments and decisions to make, no worries about the car. I hope school goes well and all.

·
Registered
673 Posts
No worries Matt. I would've made the same choice. Actually I'm contemplating selling the 'Stang too. It fun and all, but I need a truck.

Also, I'm still a big fan of Neons. I used to have a '98 ACR and I loved it. You should join Yahoogroups BANeon. It's a great group of people with a large base of knowledge. I'm actually still a member. :D And [email protected] anyone who tells you, "yeah it's fast, but it's still a Neon."

·
Registered
88 Posts
wow, i haven't been here in a while. Matt i thought it was kinda odd that i didn't see your stang when i would be driving by A st. lol Wish you the best man, you are making a great choice!

G

·
SFMach1 said:
wow, i haven't been here in a while. Matt i thought it was kinda odd that i didn't see your stang when i would be driving by A st. lol Wish you the best man, you are making a great choice!
Thanks dude. I'm running low on time these days. I'm actually considering taking a mod off that I did to my SRT. It makes it a pain in the ass to drive. So I think I will find a different way to make more power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.