Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I remember awhile back somebody wrote in about Static coming from the PIE FRD-04 due to something with the power. They mentioned some part which goes inline for the power source to cut the static. My PIE works perfectly with the ipod, but I hardwired my XM radio and now when i plug that in... STATIC GALORE! I think I need this part which people were talking about. I searched all over this forum and couldn't find it at all. Can anybody help?
My specific situation is this:
  • PIE FRD-04 to a RCA-2.5mm cable...
  • into a Y-Splitter- Each branching off with a male-male 2.5mm cable.
  • One into an iPod, One into XM.
  • XM is hooked up using Hardwire adapter.
  • Power to Hardwire adapter: Add-a-circuit plugged into empty fuse slot in psgr kick-plate. And then negative is wrapped around a screw into the body.
You may not understand that.... please tell me what you need clarified. Thanks in advance... :worship

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh c'mon guys.... 30 of you read it and nobody knows what I am talking about? I am imaginging this part or something? If so, what can I do about the static... it's only coming from XM... thanks again

·
Registered
229 Posts
fitch615 said:
Oh c'mon guys.... 30 of you read it and nobody knows what I am talking about? I am imaginging this part or something? If so, what can I do about the static... it's only coming from XM... thanks again
fitch 615, With all due respect and I mean that, of the 30 who have visited your post perhaps none of them know a thing about what you are asking about. Maybe a posting on the tech side will get your answer. I think you are having a static problem and you think its because of how you wired the set up. Other than that not a clue as to what you wired and how but I hope you do get an answer soon. Now, if you can tell me how a telephone works maybe I could help you ! Sorry to make light of it but I am clueless as to the problem or how to solve it. Best of luck. :?:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm an idiot... that 2nd comment was supposed to come off in a joking matter... apparently not. haha.. anyway, lets forget I posted this. I traced this down to a faulty wire because if you play with the wire the static is gone.. Nothing more than something that RadioShack can't solve.:doh: Sorry and thanks.:kooky:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.