So I remember awhile back somebody wrote in about Static coming from the PIE FRD-04 due to something with the power. They mentioned some part which goes inline for the power source to cut the static. My PIE works perfectly with the ipod, but I hardwired my XM radio and now when i plug that in... STATIC GALORE! I think I need this part which people were talking about. I searched all over this forum and couldn't find it at all. Can anybody help?
My specific situation is this:
- PIE FRD-04 to a RCA-2.5mm cable...
- into a Y-Splitter- Each branching off with a male-male 2.5mm cable.
- One into an iPod, One into XM.
- XM is hooked up using Hardwire adapter.
- Power to Hardwire adapter: Add-a-circuit plugged into empty fuse slot in psgr kick-plate. And then negative is wrapped around a screw into the body.
You may not understand that.... please tell me what you need clarified. Thanks in advance... :worship