Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I just purchased a 97 GT ,has a few things in need of replacing exhaust mainly, anyhow the first problem was a wierd idle, I fixed that with a new IAC now it just hangs a little before dropping down vs sitting @1500rpm, when I get on the pedal she spits and sputters ?? (did this before the IAC change)
things I've done since my purchase include, cleaning the filter on the CAI,oil change,fuel filter,plugs,TPS voltage was @ 1.085 so I set it @ 0.965 I had hopes that between the fuel & air filter,IAC,plugs and TPS adjustment it might get rid of the hesitation,spitting and sputtering and since it has not I'm about to take it to the mountains and roll her down the side of one.
any and all suggestions and or Ideas would be greatly appreciated and Thanks In Advance.
Ry.

·
Registered
573 Posts
My first thought was did you try to run it with 92 octane?? if you did you will have to burn it off and use 87-89.
My 98 sputtered and crap when I accidently put 92 octane in it. Our stangs weren't built to handle it stock...
???
TK

·
Registered
93 Posts
TK421DS said:
My first thought was did you try to run it with 92 octane?? if you did you will have to burn it off and use 87-89.
My 98 sputtered and crap when I accidently put 92 octane in it. Our stangs weren't built to handle it stock...
???
TK
Mine spit and sputters in the morning but runs fine after i let it warm up. I run 92 octane.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Try using some electrical parts cleaner to clean off the MAF.

·
Registered
154 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
Try using some electrical parts cleaner to clean off the MAF.
I second this...... while your at it, might as well give the throttle body a quick wipe down.

·
Registered
573 Posts
dallas02GT said:
Mine spit and sputters in the morning but runs fine after i let it warm up. I run 92 octane.
Well, of course it runs right...it's a 2002. They can run on 87-93 octane.
96-99 4.6rs were built for 87 or below octane.

I really think he should just take it to a shop and let them help out??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TK421DS said:
???
TK
Yes...That was my first tank and when it was below 1/4 tank I put another $10 in instead of filling it thinking that I may have to drop the tank if the fuel pump was the problem.
I thought about taking it to the stealership but I dont want to get raped on something thats not the problem and from what I've seen around town here the only "performance" shop is for those riceburners with the wing from a 747 on the back!
Going to check the TPS voltage again and move the throttle (open-close) to see if theres any dead spots in the TPS voltage and try the lower octane fuel.
Thanks guys, if you think of anything else please let me know.
Thanks in Advance
Ry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GRRRRRRR I hate this car! now the damn CEL is flashing???

I'm going to pick out a cliff to roll it off of

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well,,,,I fixed it, found that my intake was leaking and filled #3 & 4 plug wells, put a band aid on it and hopefully Ford loses their lawsuit and replaces my intake for free since my VIN is one of the listed ones ,thanks again for the replies & welcome, hope to see you guys around.
Ry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there a web site that you can go to so I can see if my intake could be effected by this?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Rychen said:
Well,,,,I fixed it, found that my intake was leaking and filled #3 & 4 plug wells, put a band aid on it and hopefully Ford loses their lawsuit and replaces my intake for free since my VIN is one of the listed ones ,thanks again for the replies & welcome, hope to see you guys around.
Ry
So your intake is cracked???? You can get a replacemnt for under 200$
I think since your Vin is in the list you can go today and get it replaced for free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.