Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, old truck driver and future owner of a 2014 Mustang that will be my weekend highway car . I was going to trade in 2014 F150 on a newer model truck but after insulting low ball offers decided to keep it and get a car. I looked and narrowed to 3 Mustangs and picked the best I could afford with complete service record. Silver 2014 V6 Premium , Pony Package with stripe delete 33,700 mi one owner . It is to be delivered Saturday the 23rd and have reserved an inspection at local shop, it should be and hope to be in good shape. I like old school Hot rods , Muscle Cars , trucks and motorcycles anything mechanics and have S&W revolver collection. Good to meet you all - Jeff
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Steering wheel Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
4,496 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Nice choice Jeff, glad to have you aboard.

·
Administrator
8,883 Posts
Welcome to the site Jeff! Great looking new ride, congratulations!!

·
Super Moderator
8,310 Posts
Welcome to AFM from Texas.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Very exciting for you. I remember that feeling I had when I went to pick up my factory order Mustang too. Maybe post a pic of this new machine when you get it.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
The silver looks good.
The wheels were clearly scratched up from some careless mechanic during a tire or brake job or perhaps from the Carvana? guy that checked out the car before you bought it. Idk if it's down to the paint or if it's just thru the clear coat but they'd likely have to be redone to fix that. Perhaps a day with polishing/buffing/rubbing compound might take out some of the scratches if it's just thru the top clear layer but once compromised the clear will start to peel anyway.
The rotor behind that wheel in the pic looks like it's seen better days. I can see that it's badly grooved. With only 33k on it I'm guessing the previous owner was pretty hard on the brakes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is corrosion under the clear coat ,sent emails to couple wheel refinishers here in Huntsville . Thanks for mentioning the brakes , wasn't able to make it to the shop today will have the Mechanic check it over real good next weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts