Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone..New from Germany. My name is Nate and I am from St. Louis, but work and live over here in Germany. I own a 1997 Mustang GT Vert. Not a whole lot of aftermarket parts done, but I do have Tokiko adjustables all the way around and a CAI..The attached pic is my stang at Bitburg in Sept when I took 1st place in Street brackets

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey Nate, welcome to the site. The stang looks sinister.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome to the site! Hey, I've always wondered... does American-German food taste like German-German food? My cousin lived there for awhile 20 years ago, but only ate at American chain places!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah....For example...McD's over here is better than in the states...What you see on the menu and how it looks is what it will look like when it gets served to you...Same with BK.

Question...Anyone live near a junkyard....Need a new front bumper...:mad:

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Bumper bash

I lived in Germany twice - both times before it was "Germany" again (West Germany then). I was stationed in Baumholder (near Kaiserslautern in southern Germany) in the early 70's.

I'd consider buying a new oem urethane bumper. Used bumpers are often pretty badly scraped and pitted, and the urethane tabs that bolt on to hold the sides often crack/break, and they're a problem to do without or replace.

If you want to go with a different look, Summit often has a good deal on a Cobra bumper kit, while Cervini has good quality merchandise (lousey customer service though, so beware). Whatever you do, avoid fiberglass bumpers - way too fragile.

If you go with an aftermarket bumper, be advised the urethane jobs usually come "uncured" and unprimered. The curing requires baking for a long while in a paint booth, and the primer job is a little unusual, in that you must use the proper primer for polyurethane (regular primer is a definite no-no).

Good luck!

tripleblack

nater said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts