Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am from Atlanta GA. I have a 2009 Mustang GT convertible. I had been a lifelong Chevy Camaro man. After they stopped building them in 2002, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Kind of like cancelling baseball, football, or apple pie.:nono: So after much soul searching and the torment of close friends, I purchased my first Mustang. Yeah...I love it! I also love the selection of aftermarket parts available for the Mustang. Everything from cosmetic parts to bolt on power adders. The selection is incredible. Unfortunately, I am having a problem with my new love that I will address in another post.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Welcome aboard. That's rare praise comin from a Chevy guy....pretty cool. A friend at work has a Vett and he claims Mustangs are cooler lookin. What Camaros have you owned? Good luck with your new ride. Hope your problem with it isn't major.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Maryland GT

Hey Maryland GT, thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it. Love that '08 GT, clean ride!!! About 3 weeks ago, my new baby started acting up on me. Its an 09 GT S197 with the 4.6L V8. Everything is still completely stock (for now). Once the engine warms up, it sputters, looses power. It does this through all gears and rpms. I drove it through the mountains last week and was even worse at higher altitudes. It does not do this all the time, just intermittently. And funny thing is the A/C stops blowing cold when the engine misses. Check engine light came on so took it over to Autozone for free check engine code. I got a P0354 trouble code which translates to #4 cylinder misfiring. I have gone through the usual trouble shooting, check the plug condition, swap coils on that cylinder, still get trouble on #4. I ran through tanks of 93 premium and even did a shot of Lucas fuel injector cleaner in one tank. No luck on anything. I was ready to do my first order to American Muscle. I got a nice wish list going of some bolt-ons. I wanted to start with a set of NGK Iridium plugs and MSD coil pack. Thought new plugs and coils would help but I dont believe it will at this point. I also want that SCT Tuner, Steeda CAI, Pypes Pipe Bomb Exhaust, just to name a few of the goodies I got lined up for my new Baby. But we gotta get past this issue with cylinder #4 first. I gotta find a good Mustang mechanic in my area. Please shoot me any ideas you might have on the issue. Yeah my friends and family are still giving me the business about switching over to Mustang. Couldnt help it man, the new ones are sooo sweet! Ford hit it on the head when they beat all the manufactures to the punch with the old school styling. And your just cant beat the price. It broke my heart when GM stopped building the Camaro. I still can't believe it. 2003-2009 they just dont exist. Yeah they started building again but the betrayal is done and the love is gone. I am officially a Mustang Man now. All drama aside, I do still love the older Camaro's. I like anything that goes fast. I still own a 1994 Camaro RS that I just turned over to my 17 year old when he got his liscense. Didnt have the heart to sell it so we'll just keep it in the family. I have had several Camaro's from every generation except the first (67-69) and last (10-12). Most notable was the 1980 Z-28 I had and also I had a 86 IROC that I ordered COPO from the factory with an L69 H.O. engine. My dad worked at GM for 30 years so I had a few of them I ordered. I know I got long winded with this post (sorry). Let me know what you think about that #4 cylinder and we'll talk soon. Thanks

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I was gonna say try a new fuel filter, which you should probably do anyway, but then you mentioned the a\c cuttin out when it sputters. Any way to find out what the previous owner did to the car? Would a tune cause this if everything else was returned to stock? As for GM, have you seen the 2012 COPO Camaro they've built for strictly drag racing? They're keepin numbers close to the vest but Hot Rod mag. estimates around 900hp. Lookin to give the Cobra Jet and Drag Pac Challenger a run for their money in the NHRA Stock Eliminator. Although most of the 69 their building will wind up sealed away in someones garage never to be seen again. haha Anyway, maybe someone else has some ideas about your ride and can chime in. Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts