Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys I'm new here, so first off "Hi"

about 3 months ago i bought a 2006, V6 ford mustang(4.0L engine) how much hp and tq does that thing have stock? i just put an exhaust on it(single) and i ordered the bbk intake for it, also just ordered my sportline eibach springs to lower it a couple inches.

i wanted a V8 (GT) when i first bought a car but I'm in the marine corps and i don't make that kind of money yet sadly. i was just wondering if you guys could lead me in the right direction, with my intake and exhaust "really how much hp do i have -->HONESTLY<--" lots of people say you get 15-20hp n stuff from exhaust and stuff so help me out guys.

also what should i do to my lil v6 to get it torque! i don't care about top end or top speed wise, i just want a real good 0-60 or 1/4 mile time. some advice on what do to, CHEAP WISE! i cant get a turbo or supercharger yet, i just got my first stang so I'm still learning, I'm use to lil civics (4 cylinders) so i hope you guys can teach me some stuff.

what are some things i can do to boost my performance? just lead me in the right way, cheapest to most expensive.. my ultimate goal is make it a stroker.... naturally aspirated v6.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Welcome to AFM. Stock is 210 BHP and 240 TQ. A cold air intake and tune should be the first order of business. A less restrictive muffler will also free up a little power.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
First of all my appreciation for your service to our country. Second, welcome to the site. Third, I don't know what kind of performance parts are out there for the new v6 but I'm sure fuel injection and ignition upgrades are available that will be cheap(relatively), easy, and quick power producers. Intake and exhaust are always a good idea. A good dual exhaust kit is recommended-Flowmaster is decent(though I've had poor fitment issues in the past) and sounds great. And I agree with stlwagon, a cold air induction should also be first on the list.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Welcome to the site. As mentioned, a CAI and tuner will help alot. Another thing to consider to improve the 0-60 would be a set of rear gears like 4.10's.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Welcome to AFM. Stock is 210 BHP and 240 TQ. A cold air intake and tune should be the first order of business. A less restrictive muffler will also free up a little power.
+1 on what STL says the CAI makes a big difference

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Superchargers/Turbos are good for some extra power too :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
CAI, Exhaust, and Gears...Quickest ways to improve your 0 - 60.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.