Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people just found this site on yahoo search! im from england, im 19 and ever since i was about 5 going over to my aunts in california and flying around in her mustang i wanted one so heres the questions i need help with.... whats the best way of getting one over to england, how much is it likely to cost fr the shipping and what different engine sizes do hey do in the 2002 shape because thats the one i like most...... cant afford the 05 model! lol! not too worried about it being a convertible or not! also are theyre any good places i can search through for mustangs? thanks people, mike!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome to AFM and I have no clue pertaining to shipping a vehicle over sea's either. The 99-04 models are the same body style ranging from the 3.8 litre V-6 to the 4V V-8 Supercharged Cobra ('03-'04). Also the 4V V-8 Mach1 and 01' 2V Bullitt Mustangs. Here's a good site to check out http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/index.htm Just click on each year to view the basic spec's.

·
Registered
358 Posts
zetec s said:
hi people just found this site on yahoo search! im from england, im 19 and ever since i was about 5 going over to my aunts in california and flying around in her mustang i wanted one so heres the questions i need help with.... whats the best way of getting one over to england, how much is it likely to cost fr the shipping and what different engine sizes do hey do in the 2002 shape because thats the one i like most...... cant afford the 05 model! lol! not too worried about it being a convertible or not! also are theyre any good places i can search through for mustangs? thanks people, mike!
Just do a Google search for shipping automobiles.
There are plenty of companies that ship overseas and can give you rates online from point to point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lovely, thanks everyone! i dont know if im going to be able to get insured on a mustang to be honest but will soon find out! thanks!

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.Welcome.:)You'll find that it is a lot cheaper to buy a new 05 in the U.K. than it would be to buy an 02 in the states and ship it over.The actual shipping cost for a car is going to be something in the 6000 dollar range.And that is not including the brutal tarrif,which is about 50 % of the purchase price of the vehicle.There are only two ways around that that I know of.One is to come over here,buy the car and then drive the car for a year over here.You would then be exempt.The other is to be an american soldier of some sort,get yourself stationed in the U.K.,and then ship the car over.Neither of those plans sound very workable for you.There's a reason that american built cars are cheaper in america.:DGood luck and again,welcome.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think theres anyone in england my age thats got a mustang as they are extremely rare for ANYONE in england to have anyway and they have huge engines so i dont think ill get insured but im not sure how they would class it! i would love one, it would be so much easier to find one for sale in england already but there so rare and i cant find any in the 02 shape and as i said i cant afford the 05! the search continues, cheers for all the help people!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts