Ford Mustang Forum banner

HID headlight bulbs

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wmc2404 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
I just got a 2012 Mustang 5.0 and it has the HID headlights in it. Is there any other different color of that HID type than white? I tried looking them up and all I can find is white replacements

Thanks

#3 ·
You can install any D3S bulb in the HID housings. Just remember that as you go up in color temperature (measured in K) from the stock 4300-4500K bulbs, you will cut your light output slightly.

If you're looking for a hint of blue, check out 6000k bulbs. They won't diminish output much to be a concern, and will give you a blue tint.

#4 ·
You can install any D3S bulb in the HID housings. Just remember that as you go up in color temperature (measured in K) from the stock 4300-4500K bulbs, you will cut your light output slightly.

If you're looking for a hint of blue, check out 6000k bulbs. They won't diminish output much to be a concern, and will give you a blue tint.
Yes I know the light output will be cut a little... as long as I don’t got over 10000K the lights will still be brighter than Halogens… I was thinking 8000K… but the problem I am having is I can’t find D3S Bulbs for any colors other than 4300K (White)… do you know of any place? I have emailed a couple of HID companies, but that was last night and no response yet.

#5 ·
anything over 6000k is for ricers. please stick with that or lower.

#7 ·
anything over 6000k is for ricers. please stick with that or lower.
To each their own... I think a solid light blue looks more exotic than ricer... ricers are like dark blue, yellow or some different color like green or red.

You should see if the company i told you about has factory 5k bulbs i went with 5k aftermarket they look great!
They don’t sell D3S Bulbs... they said that D1S and D2S will fit with little modification but I don’t know if I want to be modifying a lot like to that my brand new car lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.