Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just took my engine out a few weeks ago and plan on rebuilding the whole engine bay like hiding the wires and im planning on replacing the engine with a new 302 but im having no luck on finding a engine. i just wanted to know if any body has a good link on how to hid the wiring on the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
why hide it when you can snazz it up with fancy colored wire looming! i am the red wire looming master.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was planning on doing that but its still going to look cheesy and i took off most of the wiring harness

-AJ

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
no way man! it doesnt look cheesy if you do it right. go to jegs.com in the ignition/electrical section, one of the manufacturers has a convoluted tubing KIT. it comes with like 6 foot sections of different diameter tubes, plus T-Joints which come in handy ALOT, as well as 3 rolls of tape, wire ties, etc.
Make sure you dont TWIST the stuff, then it looks like a retard did the job. just take your time, do it nice, i even zip tie the tubing shut. then i zip tie the tubing to the frame, or elsewhere in the engine compartment, keeping it along the sides of the motor. it looks great if you choose a color to compliment your car's color scheme. im going with black and red. The kit on jegs comes in Red, Blue, Black, and even Chrome! BLING BLING. its only $20!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Engine harness hiding

Got a 93 cobra trying to hide my engine harness in fenderwells,Went to muscle mustang and fast ford website.Clicked on projects looked up project stolen goods which is also a 93 cobra,they show you and also details how to hide the harness.

·
Registered
320 Posts
hide the wires

VIPJCK you didn't say whether you still have EFI, but if you do you can run most of your wiring inside the existing injector harness. I did this, and used black loom which is not as noticeable as a bright color. You can't see much wiring under my hood, most runs through my injector harness and then out the back and into the firewall.

·
Registered
842 Posts
A buddy of mine did his. It looks great. He did NOT have to cut or splice any of the wires. Makes the engine bay look very clean. I think he did cut a few holes in some panels though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i was thinking of doing the same thing, i've seen pics of stangs that have this done and it def. makes the engine compartment look cleaner.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm in the process right now...so this is some good info :happydance:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.