Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 V6 convertible, and I'm having a problem with the high-beam selector switch. The headlights work fine. The regular night-time headlights don't seem to be any brighter than the daytime running headlights, though I'm not sure if this is normal. However, my big problem is that I can pull the turn-signal switch towards me to momentarily activate the high beams (which works), but when I push forward on the switch to turn the high beams on regularly, the light level remains at the "normal" level.

I'm assuming that the switch in the steering column is borked, or there is a wire that has worn out, but I thought I'd check here first before I went through the trouble of disassembling the steering column to get at the switch. Has anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey, are they just not getting brighter at all or are they getting just a little brighter? Cause mustangs in general dont have very bright head lights. My stang is better off with the fog lights I installed rather than the hi beams

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't get brighter at all. I don't notice any difference. For instance, if I pull up to a wall I can pull the momentary high-beams on, and can see the corresponding change. Flicking the switch forward makes no difference from the normal brightness.

·
Registered
200 Posts
might have to get that fixed, bud. I dunno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.