Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the estimate to repaint my hood and fender this happened over winter from scraping off my car and scratched my hood bad and through my vinyl stripe but they said $400 for hood and for new stripe $375 im thinkin its to high and i could get a stripe thats good from baltimore street mods for $150 how much would installation be to take off stripe and put one on do you think and am I better off getting a new cooler hood for $ 600 although i would need to get that painted too so that would be an expensive mod tell me what you guys think i need input.

G

·
Well I got the estimate to repaint my hood and fender this happened over winter from scraping off my car and scratched my hood bad and through my vinyl stripe but they said $400 for hood and for new stripe $375 im thinkin its to high and i could get a stripe thats good from baltimore street mods for $150 how much would installation be to take off stripe and put one on do you think and am I better off getting a new cooler hood for $ 600 although i would need to get that painted too so that would be an expensive mod tell me what you guys think i need input.
I all depends on what you want the car to look like. If all you need is the hood portion of the stripes to be replaced then that is all you should buy. Which means $375 and $150 are both too high of a price. I'm assuming we're talking about Lemans style stripes.

A whole new hood would be my choice.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is i want a new stripe color i want red instead of white so im getting a whole new stripe im just thinking about hood but i dont want to spend $600 on a hood and $400 to paint it thats way to expensive for just a hood i could almost have rims.

G

·
The thing is i want a new stripe color i want red instead of white so im getting a whole new stripe im just thinking about hood but i dont want to spend $600 on a hood and $400 to paint it thats way to expensive for just a hood i could almost have rims.
Then $375 for a good stripe install that includes a complete new set of Lemans stripes is a fair price.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you think of the price $400 for repainting hood?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.