Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my 2005 GT was factory stock the engine would rev to 2000rpm and quickly drop down to idle around 850rpm when started. This I feel is normal. After loading my custom tune, It revs at 2200, stays there for like 3-4 seconds and slowly, drops to 1200 and stays there. This is when cold.

Has anyone elso noticed this change in engine operation behavior after installing a custom tune and CAI?

·
Registered
294 Posts
After I put a tune on mine it seemed to rev slightly less than stock upon startup. The revs die down a bit quicker all around too.

What brand tuner did you buy and who'd you get it from? You prolly need to find others with the same tuner and then who might have tweaked the tune for you (the dealer).
Mine is an SCTII from Brenspeed.

Ultimatly your tuner dealer should be able to answer any questions you have, but you might get lucky and find someone with your combo that may know something.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tuner is an SCT 2 and the tune came from MD. I am not overally concerned about it or I would have contacted the dealer.
Performance is good and no CEL. I was just curious if this was the norm with other tunes/tuners.
Interesting that with your tune your RPM's dropped during startup from the factory settings.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have noticed the same thing, and I using the Xcal II - the idle is a little highter when coasting, but when I stop it does come back down to normal.

I don't know the Xcal well enough yet to know if this is a parameter I can tweak with it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
as for the Predator...

For reference in case of searches on the subject down the road....

My Diablo Predator allows me to pick "idle" RPM and "in gear" RPM with a tune. It is very easy to do so I expect the Xcal is too.

My stick car always revs higher on startup than the automatic, but it comes down after a few seconds to 780.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've noticed mine comes up a little more on startup, but comes down quickly. Also xcal2, sct-jlt tune. I figured it was just the colder weather.I think it's kind of fun. Sounds like a track car when you crank it in a parking lot somewhere. everybody turns around.

·
Registered
829 Posts
ultraclyde said:
I've noticed mine comes up a little more on startup, but comes down quickly. Also xcal2, sct-jlt tune. I figured it was just the colder weather.I think it's kind of fun. Sounds like a track car when you crank it in a parking lot somewhere. everybody turns around.
Well said! Yep I like starting the stick car because of what you said.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The colder it is the higher and longer it revs... I LUV the sound and performance when she's cold!

1200 is too high of a normal op temp idle. You or Ken can adjust that with the tune...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The colder it is the higher and longer it revs... I LUV the sound and performance when she's cold!

1200 is too high of a normal op temp idle. You or Ken can adjust that with the tune...
Ok, cool. Yeah we have had a few cold mornings and evenings here in Texas. However, when the engine finally reaches operating temperature the idle is a consistent 950 so everything is running pretty normally.
Off topic, but where are you on your mods now KJ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts