Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My first post on these forums. I been lurking for some time and recently had my 2012 lava red gt delivered. As many others, I have had a chirping/ticking sound from the passanger side of the engine, but am not too worried about it, however today while under the hood I noticed I have a slight hissing sound from a pipe connected to the front of the passanger side valve cover that appears to go back into the intake. The hissing is barely noticeable, but when i cover the end of this pipe which is plastic, with my finger the hissing stops. What is the function of this hose? is it crankcase ventillation? Should i be worried about the hissing? should i put some tape on it as a temporary fix and have the dealer replace the part? or is this normal on the 5.0?

thanks for any advice you can offer.

On the photo below, the pipe I am referring to is right next to the oil filler cap:
2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 Engine Picture

cheers,
-wally

·
Registered
645 Posts
It relieves the over pressure in the motor. Never heard of one hissing. No need to tape it up. Just take it to the dealer and let them know. Putting a new one is a two minute fix. Or just order yourself a JLT Oil Separator. I recommend anyone with a new 5.0 buy one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello!

My first post on these forums. I been lurking for some time and recently had my 2012 lava red gt delivered. As many others, I have had a chirping/ticking sound from the passanger side of the engine, but am not too worried about it, however today while under the hood I noticed I have a slight hissing sound from a pipe connected to the front of the passanger side valve cover that appears to go back into the intake. The hissing is barely noticeable, but when i cover the end of this pipe which is plastic, with my finger the hissing stops. What is the function of this hose? is it crankcase ventillation? Should i be worried about the hissing? should i put some tape on it as a temporary fix and have the dealer replace the part? or is this normal on the 5.0?

thanks for any advice you can offer.

On the photo below, the pipe I am referring to is right next to the oil filler cap:
2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 Engine Picture

cheers,

-wally
Not supposed to leak. PCV hose. I would do what you suggested.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
645 Posts
The JLT comes with pre-assembled with all OEM hoses and connectors. It can't be beat in my opinion. Attached below are some pics of mine and the oil it captured after only 800 miles.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Two pics of JLT attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Make sure you get the black painted JLT oil collector. It makes the car faster than the silver one. :yup:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Make sure you get the black painted JLT oil collector. It makes the car faster than the silver one. :yup:
No way man! Everyone knows that silver is lighter than black...Geeze!:heha:

·
Banned
886 Posts
No way man! Everyone knows that silver is lighter than black...Geeze!:heha:
No way I have the black so that has got to be the faster one!:kooky:
If you don't have one of these yet you need one yesterday!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts