Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I got one of my better runs on video!

YouTube - 11.8 @ 118.28

Best time to date: 11.45 at 118.85
A couple more runs like that and they'll be forcing me to cut up the car and put a 6 point in :weeps

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Good run! Very nice looking car too!:bigthumbsup

I'm surprise that you have no choice but to drive through the water box. Wonder what the track officials are thinking on that.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
They are drag radials....plus its test and tune, not real racing ;)
You have an mid 11 sec car. Dude, that's real racing. If you ran a 14/ 15 that would be different. I was just wondering about the water because no excess water is always better.

G

·
Good looking car & pass....:bigthumbsup

FYI: You won't need a cage unless the car is 11.49 or faster

Good run! Very nice looking car too!:bigthumbsup

I'm surprise that you have no choice but to drive through the water box. Wonder what the track officials are thinking on that.
I notice that too ......:headscratch:

i would have been P.O'd if i had been there......:fuming:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I honestly never thought about it. The track guys have never said anything to me but I've only run it at 3 tracks.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good looking car & pass....:bigthumbsup

FYI: You won't need a cage unless the car is 11.49 or faster
It ran an 11.45 earlier in the day which is why I'm getting concerned they probably though it was a fluke since I started the day in the 15s ;). It had been running 11.5s in the cold weather only but I put a 3 link in and this was the first trip down the track and it pulled 1.74 60' which was the best ever and I matched my top MPH in 80 degrees. I'm more than a little concerned when the cold weather comes and I am running at 45 degrees again I'm going to start breaking out consistently.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
That was great, what you got in that car? Is it the stock 289 high peformance block? This car of your looks just like one my dad had. Yea sometimes at our track they tell you to go through the water to speed things up. I think it is crazy, I just go around now and back up into the water. They do not like me doing it though. What ever, it beats leaving water down the track for the next guy.

G

·
It ran an 11.45 earlier in the day which is why I'm getting concerned they probably though it was a fluke since I started the day in the 15s ;). It had been running 11.5s in the cold weather only but I put a 3 link in and this was the first trip down the track and it pulled 1.74 60' which was the best ever and I matched my top MPH in 80 degrees. I'm more than a little concerned when the cold weather comes and I am running at 45 degrees again I'm going to start breaking out consistently.
well my friend based on the MPH that car has a lot more in it...

if you can get it to hook better its going to flat out fly........

I would start checking out getting a cage built......

if done right using swingouts which are nhra legal you don't have to butcher the interior.....

but you are going to need a cage which is not a bad thing.....:)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was great, what you got in that car? Is it the stock 289 high peformance block? This car of your looks just like one my dad had. Yea sometimes at our track they tell you to go through the water to speed things up. I think it is crazy, I just go around now and back up into the water. They do not like me doing it though. What ever, it beats leaving water down the track for the next guy.
The 289 is long gone...car was an otherwise stock c code with a 351c with a spun bearing in it when I bought it in 2002. It sports a 410c, AOD, 4.11 9 inch, I set it up for open track style events and wanted to be able to be able to drive it anywhere. I take it dragging because its local, relatively inexpensive, a heck of a lot of fun, and a great way to find the weak links in a controlled environment. I don't even stall it up at the track I just wait for the lights and stomp the skinny pedal. I have tried launching it occasionally but it always pushes through the lights when I get to 2k and launching as high as I can without pushing has never given me any improvement to the 60s. I tried unbolting the 1 1/8 sway bar once but then it squatted to much and the tires contacted the car and unloaded everything killing my times. Still...it would be nice to get that 1...11.0 run in ;)

I'm familiar with the swing outs...but I would want fully removable side bar since I wouldn't want it any other time than when drag racing...and I doubt those would be legal.

G

·
I'm familiar with the swing outs...but I would want fully removable side bar since I wouldn't want it any other time than when drag racing...and I doubt those would be legal.

Swing out are legal i have them on my cage......:bigthumbsup

they are legal for 7.50 E.T. or slower.

get yourself a NHRA rule book it is all detailed in there.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
We run close to the exact same times in the 1/4 mile :bigthumbsup Very nice looking stang :gringreen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.