Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not a happy camper this week, my car was wrapped around a telephone pole and is a writeoff. the car was struck on the front bumper slightly to the passanger side and is what looks to be like a writeoff. the rad support was pushed up against the motor (never damaged the motor) , cracked off my fan and twisted the **** out of the cross member and pushed everything back 3-4 inches atleast. the fire wall on the back side of the strut tower on the pass. side has a big krinkle and pushed back, the back side of the roof has a twist as well. i am looking for an alternative , or suggestions on what i should do. i can possibly get a 4 banger in great shape and was wondering what the deal is on doing a convert from 4 to 8 cyl and what is required. i dont think that the car would ever be strait again .the fenders are not hurt just the front bumper, bumper support , rad support,rad and park lights. any help ?????

·
Registered
688 Posts
just buy another one and swap over your drivetrain. thats what i would do it i wanted to keep the same style mustang.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
sorry to hear about your car but what happened? Because by the way your wrote the description "the car was struck on the front bumper slightly to the passanger side" you make it seem like the pole hit you! lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i was drivin along and BAM out jumped the pole, lol . nah i was driving on wet pavement and the car just slipped out on the rear and went sidways doin about 80 and there was the pole . the motor is very strong , cam intake heads,etc., etc., about 425 hp to the rear wheels. i need a 4 banger to swap over but in the mean time it's a good time to do the bottom end so maybe it's a good thing, or a good enough reason to tell the woman that this "has" to be done, lol. time for a little overhaulin at the same time. i just wanted to know if any 89-93 mustang 4 cyl would do.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You should change out all of the engine related wiring and the computer harness as well, depending on the years of the two cars. If they have different wiring, change out all of the wiring. My car has a pretty loose limited slip. Stories like this make me not want to rebuild it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.