Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mustangers...brothers...see if you can feel my pain...car is 3 days old...i'm on my way back to ford to get the stripes put on...i'm getting on the highway...trees on one side of the car...wall on the other...6am...starting to gun it...some raccoon runs in front of my baby...wham at 60...cracked the bottom front of my bumper.to say i'm devestated would be an understatement.i was just starting my eleanor project...now i gotta drive my other mustang again

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just think of how traumatic it was for the raccoon....SPLAT!:happyhapp

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear that, that stinks. Is insurance gonna cover it? Also, your 'stangs look great!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm confused :eyebulge: !

You said the racoon homicide happened on the way to get the stripes? I do not see any damage in those photos and they have stripes. How about a close up of the bumper damage to collaborate your vermin execution claim!

:tongue

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know if insurance would...i figure if i just buy a new bumpercover then theres no damage listed on my vin...my brother is telling me it was a cat and i should stop lying on the raccoon and slandering raccoons everywhere...the damage is in the bottom left corner of the fender...there should be a plastic black grille there...and maybe you can see the crack too

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ah...so..I see. Indeed, your bumper cover is injured. :sosad: You are cleared; it was determined that said racoon is believed to have committed suicide.:cool:

Yes, if you can get a different cover put on without involving insurance I would do so. Keep that VIN clean.

·
Registered
394 Posts
pita said:
how bad is te Racoon hurt, I have a soft spot for the 85-86 "racoon eyes" Mustangs
The official report is that the racoon was completely disintegrated...hair, teeth and eyeballs all over the asphalt. Unoffically we all know that he was last seen running off into the wood with a giant piece of nghtrnr's lower grill in his teeth.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
From what I understand the VIN will be unaffected on record unless it is a major accident. A bumper cover is only minor. IMO I would ask the agent before officially filing, or not filing a claim.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
From what I understand the VIN will be unaffected on record unless it is a major accident. A bumper cover is only minor. IMO I would ask the agent before officially filing, or not filing a claim.
I have ordered carfaxes before and they have listed "minor" repairs and accidents. My Liberty was bumped in the back soon after I bought it. NO DAMAGE, but I took it to my GEICO (don't have them anymore) agent who assessed it and it STILL is on my CARFAX for my VIN that the vehicle was involved in an accident!

I wonder if the raccoon filed a claim on his insurance?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that raccoon cat or whatever is in raccoon hell where he belongs for screwin up a new mustang like mine...i was driving today and saw a deer splattered all over...i can only imagine what something that size did to someones car...oh yeh...i encountered a white convertible maserati...it was close...7 mile race...he was alone...i had my girl with me...he squeaked by with a win...but only by a hair...i stayed with him....god bless this mustang...if by chance that feisty old guy reads this...next time i wont be with my girlfriend fella and noone will be screaming slowdown when we hit 130...anyone know the stats on a convertible mazerati? it said v8 on the side

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
holy smokes...that car has a ferrari v8 engine...i'm not so impressed with that old guy anymore....grow a pair granpa!!!you almost got beat by a mustang in a ferrari powered mazerati spyder gt...400 hp...next time floor it!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey, I got a six point whitetail with my GT about a month after I got it. At 60mph. It ducked and charged the driver front fender at a full run. Now I'll be getting a new fender, new headlight cluster and have the whole side of the car repainted because he was inconsiderate enough to butt-plant on the rear fender on his way out of this life. Luckily, no real mechanical damage, it drives fine (which is why I haven't turned loose of it to be fixed yet) and from 15 feet, you can't even tell it's been hurt. I was amazed how well it took the hit.

Oh, The deer? Three full size trucks hit him after I did. Nothin left but venison sausage.

Mustang 1, deer 0

·
Registered
165 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
The official report is that the racoon was completely disintegrated...hair, teeth and eyeballs all over the asphalt. Unoffically we all know that he was last seen running off into the wood with a giant piece of nghtrnr's lower grill in his teeth.
OMG too f'n funny ....I just pee'd my pants!!! :laughlitt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts