Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have an 08 V6 Mustang and im looking into having a towing hitch added. I have a small dirt bike (crf150) and thats all that i would be towing.
Ive done some research but im skeptical on adding a hitch. I dont know what brand is the best and i dont want to damage or put anything on my mustang that will make it look anything less than a mustang should.

Any tips from people that have added a hitch would be great. Brands? Pictures? Its all good

Thanks
Allie :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I wouldn't tow anything with a Mustang. Your putting damage on the tranny.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You'd be fine towing a dirtbike. I don't know who makes them but i've seen it done for jetskis and other light weight things.

My 65 mustang has a trailer hitch and Back when my Uncle was 18 he drove it from Seattle to San Francisco towing a small boat, and that was when it still had the 6 in it!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ive seen hitches on stangs, should hurt anything as long as you install correctly and do not tow anything too heavy. A dirtbike will be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean, my mustang comes first above the bike, so i dont wanna do anything to mess it up. i would prefer not to use it to tow but its kinda my only option right now.
i just want the best for my car

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I think you sure ought to be good with that load. think Reese makes a "Hid-Away" type hitch so no one will know.
Dave

·
Registered
130 Posts
ValleyHitch makes a nice hitch and I was told most of their apllications do not require modifications or cutting. I checked with their tech department for product #58442 which is for a 2010 Mustang and they said it would fit my 2010 GT without having to alter anything. I plan on using their hitch but not until this spring. They are sold through various suppliers.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Here's the one I had installed last month, primarily for the tow ring, for road course events. Also, if I ever have to go to an event solo, I can haul a small tire trailer behind me, heaven forbid...:shigrin

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that you can pick one up at UHAUL for lightweight stuff. I believe they are removable too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.