Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
why spend all that time to put just an ho cam in why not a B or an E ford cam. yes it should clear it did on my 89 ford ltd. wagoon.....the fireing order is the same as long as it is a 302(NOT 351W) and your new distubtor is newer then 85 or 86 basicly has to have the EEC-4 distubtor. hope i help

·
Registered
95 Posts
yes i did. runs good.
but check everything spring pressure, lift, degree in the cam, new time chain set, so on so on and so on......the only thing i did not do is check the spring pressure but i will not have the head on long as i will replace them with raceing heads to get good gains of HP. ford heads are like drinking through a coffe sterr straw .later

·
Registered
95 Posts
ho carb hmmmmm
you will need to change gear on disturbtor as they are softer on the roller cams so they dont eat the gears off. as i did this once OCH. it makes a mess of thing.... i dont know enoght on the '66 to tell you if the pistions will clear. the LTD i had is a 1990 that i put that cam in. i still think it would clear but look up in the cam books and look at lift and foot notes and come pair. the non roller engine has less valve spring seat pressure the the roller which new spring would have to be put in for the roller cam. sorry about last post i miss under stood your question.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.