I believe so........

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yes, sorry .

·
Registered
349 Posts
I haven't seen a bolt on emblem in many years . Are you sure it's not a stick on ? If it is use fishing line to get it off .

·
Banned
109 Posts
The cars with the 5.0 badges have the pilot holes to line up the badge when installed. The gt/cs cars are the only ones that don't have the holes. I actually want the badges. Too bad my cs doesn't have the holes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Has anybody with a 2011-12 mustang gt installed the boss-like c-style side stripe mentioned in the original post above? If so, does it cover the holes left by the "5.0" emblem?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I don't have the C stripe but I did replace my chrome 5.0 badges with blacked out versions and they really do have holes there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sure would have been nice if the black 5.0 badges from LMR had the locating pins on the back of them, to ensure proper placement......

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
That's ridiculous. People debadge all the time and the only holes I see are on crappy 80s Hondas.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Sure would have been nice if the black 5.0 badges from LMR had the locating pins on the back of them, to ensure proper placement......
If you look at F91's picture above you can see it's not that hard to level the emblem to make it look just like it came from the factory that way.

Here's a couple vids on how to remove emblems (the second one is a 2011 5.0):

Motorz TV Quick Tips: How to remove emblems from your vehicle - YouTube

2011Mustang Badge Removal - YouTube

·
Registered
127 Posts
You are going to have to put the 5.0 badge back on over the C stripe if you get it done. If you don't, you will see the 2 guide holes right through the Vinyl and it looks like crap.......trust me. I tried it with my 2011 V6 with the pony package horse emblem and I removed the whole thing and just went back to stock look. I even tried putting the horse emblem back on over the C stripe and it just doesn't look right IMO.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
My new badges did have locating pins. Got them from Blue Oval. If anyone says that there aren't holes behind the badges, they clearly do not know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I bet you a case of LGD that there are holes behind the 5.0 badges. I'll meet you in Bellingham .:winks

That's ridiculous. People debadge all the time and the only holes I see are on crappy 80s Hondas.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hey F91, were the black emblems you got from Blue Oval plastic?

I'm leaning towards the aluminum ones from UPR. More pricey, but legit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey F91, were the black emblems you got from Blue Oval plastic?

I'm leaning towards the aluminum ones from UPR. More pricey, but legit.
i just got some black ones from latemodelrestore and they are very cheap looking. i guess you get what you pay for. have you found any other black ones? only ones i've found are $70 on lethalperformance.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i just got some black ones from latemodelrestore and they are very cheap looking. i guess you get what you pay for. have you found any other black ones? only ones i've found are $70 on lethalperformance.
Aside from the UPR ones, I've only seen plastic ones as well. On Monday, Lethal Performance will have a sale on all UPR products. So, maybe there will be a good deal on them...

UPR 2011 Mustang 5.0 Black Billet Emblems (Pair) [UPR-3667-103] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
For those who want black emblems.
why don't you just go to your local store and buy some flat black/gloss black/hot pink or whatever color you want.
Take off the badges, sand them down prime/paint them 3-4 layers and put them back on !

IF you are doing any of the metallic color leave the chrome alone and DO NOT sand them down as chrome serves as a base coeat for reflective look.

and after that you are done!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
For those who want black emblems.
why don't you just go to your local store and buy some flat black/gloss black/hot pink or whatever color you want.
Take off the badges, sand them down prime/paint them 3-4 layers and put them back on !

IF you are doing any of the metallic color leave the chrome alone and DO NOT sand them down as chrome serves as a base coeat for reflective look.

and after that you are done!
Worried that i might botch it and ruin the original emblems. What grade of sand-paper would you use? 180?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts