Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Holey" Piston, Batman!!!!!

1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  truuble 
#1 ·
What do you get when you add nitromethane and boost to a 104,000 mile stock block with hypereutectic pistons? You guessed it. I punched a hole in one of the pistons at the track today . . lol. Although I was planning a new motor . . I wasn't planning it right his minute. But . . then . . . plans change.

So . . its back in the shop getting a new 331 stroker with a Dart block and all forged internals. Heck . . . 12s were too slow anyway. :winks

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I'll let y'all know how it goes. I'm lookin for better than 500RWHP . . . and lookin to put the car into the 9s.

Weather here is just starting to cool off enough to race!!!:happyhapp

Discussion starter · #8 ·
It actually gets down in the 30s at night sometimes. But, it has never actually snowed in Phoenix. Snow is about an hour away, though. Most of the time in the winter, its in the 70s during the day and 50s at night.

Nice looking "beater"!!!

Oh . . those temps are farenheit . . . I don't know what they would be in celsius.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
According to that converter, 75f is about 24c and 50f is about 10c. So . . . here in the winter we have highs around 24c and lows around 10c.

Easy way to say it is that it's usually shorts and t-shirts weather . . and you always need sunscreen. :winks

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I was, and still might. Unfortunately, I had planned on building it while the car was running on the other engine. Because its my daily driver, I can't do the 427 when it's not running . . it would take too long. So, we'll see what we can squeeze out of a 331.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.