Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 92 LX with a 331 stroker. All bottom end goodies. AFR 185 heads, Victor Jr. intake, 750 cfm carb, MSD ignition, Tremec 3550. Engine was rebuilt <500 miles ago and a 200 shot NOS system was installed, but engine has not yet been sprayed. My question: Is the 110 GPH Holley Blue fuel pump enough or should I upgrade to the Holley Black? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a blue pump feeding a 351C w/ 4V heads and a 850 double pumper. It did great, but I'd go w/ the black. It's better to have room to spare, than not enough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Considering what has been spent on the engine and car, another $180 for a fuel pump is a drop in the bucket. BTW, I found this on the Holley's product catalog.

Holley Performance Products

Base engine made right at 400 RWHP before the rebuild - and now it has a 200 shot NOS kit. The blue pump is recommended for applications up to 550 HP, which might be exceeded when sprayed. I'd sure hate to lean out a brand new motor. Also, the guys at Protech Unlimited in Lubbock recommended I install a black before I put it on their chassis dyno. Thanks again.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I'd go with the black too, it's best to have more than enough than have it go lean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.